“Great find-plain on the outside, delicious food and welcoming inside”
Review of Cielo Blu Italian Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cielo Blu Italian Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Newberg, Oregon
“Great find-plain on the outside, delicious food and welcoming inside”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Dinner choices were appealing and varied. Appetizer stuffed mushrooms, yummy. Rosemary bread a crusty and delicious temptation. Lemon Chicken with grilled polenta and broccoli al dente hit the spot. Chicken Scallopini was a winner as well. Portions were generous and the meals were a very good value. Our water classes were kept filled continuously, service was pleasant without hovering. Recommended with no reservations.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Jane51991

“Don't waste your time or money.”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I'm a restaurant FOH manager. This place was recommended by a friend, sadly. The server was very nice, but obviously overwhelmed by 5 tables. My salad took 15 minutes to get to the table, my water was never refilled, and my entree was overcooked, and obviously microwaved. We had an hour to have lunch, and got our food in 50 minutes. Yuck. Not worth the time, and definitely not worth the price.

2 Thank LCORFamily
McMinnville, Oregon
“Really good food”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Very good soup, salads and pasta. That's what I have eaten there. The place is sorta loud.... stone interior and high ceiling. Nice rosemary bread to much on while waiting for the main course.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank bertzmom
Oregon
“A treat for you!”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Wonderful service and awesome food! When we want to take some friends out on a special night, we head to Cielo Blu! You won't leave hungry! Trust me!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank OregonWestCoastMom
Beaverton, Oregon
“A Dissapointment”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Wow, where to begin. My experience was similiar to Pauloregon's review. Our experience did start out with some great rosemary bread but from there it all went downhill. My husband ordered the daily special, chicken wrapped in proccutio (sp) and I ordered gluten free pasta and as an appetizer, blue cheese stuffed mushrooms. This all sounds great but it was not. The mushrooms were not even half way baked through and the stuffing was cold. The chicken dish was really overcooked, as in rubber chicken. And the waitress brought me regular pasta, not the gluten free. She was very apologetic and ordered the gluten free which came out extremely undercooked.. This entire meal was a disaster. It also took so long that we were there for 2.25 hrs total. This was an sad ending to a wonderful day of wine tasting : ( We were not charged for the pasta and had a free appetizer coupon but it would have been nice to have had a nice meal in Carlton after a fun day there.

• Visited January 2012