“Absolutely Wonderful!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Canyonville
Plano, Texas
“Absolutely Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

We have stayed at this hotel at least 6 times in the last 2 years. They just recently completed the new section of the hotel, so we decided we had to give it a try after watching it being built.

The hotel room was great- flat screen tv, little fridge, very nice bathroom, comfy beds, etc, etc. Since it's new it is extremely clean.

The staff is always really friendly. The valet and bellhops are a true joy and try hard to make your stay nice. The pool area is always our favorite- the indoor pool is big. It is much more crowded note then it used to be, but it is really big so it's ok. There are 2 spas and a sauna. Pool toys for the kids.

We didn't try the new buffet, but the 24 hour restaurant is good for breakfast and a quick bite. Fun casino and a great destination! You won't regret the trip!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

My two kids and I stopped off in Canyonville on our way to Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks. Canyonville is about an hour from the California border, and so it's a good halfway point between Portland, OR and the Bay area, which was our next stop. A relative stays in Southern Oregon frequently on business, and she recommended the Seven Feathers.
I was happy with the place before we even arrived. The desk staff was possibly the most gracious I have ever encountered. I called past check-in time on the day we were expected to say we had been rear-ended at a stoplight and our van was totalled. I told her that we would be a day late due to seeking medical attention, getting a rental, and retrieving our many belongings from the tow yard. Another lodging who wasn't expecting us nearly so soon was really nasty about it (they would still charge us unless they could rent the room to someone else for the day we were originally scheduled), but the desk clerk at Seven Feathers said, "Don't worry about us! We should be worried about you." Everyone in the entire lodging, from the bellman to the lady in the gift shop, treated us with the same level of friendliness and respect.
At this point I should say that I never gamble. Not even a quarter in a slot machine! My son, however, just turned 21, and he also hates to go to sleep as early as my daughter and I do. He tried out the casino. He took them for a hundred bucks both coming and going, and we still got an amazing discount on our room--$69 for a beautiful room in the new section of the hotel! Everything was gorgeous and spotless, from the shiny entry tile to the stunning lobby to the elevator (how many times have you seen an elevator reviewed? It isn't my habit, but I'm telling you...) to of course, the huge new rooms and the bathroom, which is also really large and nicely appointed. Our sleeping area had very comfy beds and a great big flatscreen TV. The only thing lacking was a microwave in the room. I should also note that I was amazed a hotel with a casino could have rooms this quiet. The free valet parking didn't hurt anything, either! My son also loved the fitness center.
My daughter and i stayed out of the casino, but the pool was really lovely and we had fun playing air hockey in the arcade room.
A drawback is the lack of a quality, midrange restaurant. They have a very expensive restaurant you would dress up for (we were in shorts and not interested in paying those prices), and a cafeteria that is just dreadful and costs $15 for dinner. However, for the moment the traveler can easily get around this by dining at the outstanding truck stop across the street, where we saw many other casino families and couples eating too.
My family is racially mixed and this was a very, very white place, but we were treated so well that it wasn't an issue once we got used to it. In fact, we had such a fun time that we decided that some other year we will head for Seven Feathers not as a way station, but as the vacation itself.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2009

We were booked into another place in Canyonville for one night but I was feeling pretty rotten with a bad cold and when we went to the Seven Feathers for a meal and we decided that we really should stay there instead as it was much more comfortable and quiet.

When we enquired about a room we were told that the new wing was open (less than a week). We asked to see a room and it was First Class with a king bed, large plasma TV, comfortable chairs and the usual coffee making, etc, etc. We later found that the shower was excellent and that the air con was so quiet it could hardly be heard. The room also had 100% effective curtain black out.

When we went to check in for one night we were advised to get a "Players Club" card from the casino and we would get a considerable discount. It was easy to get the card (free of charge) and no obligation to use it. Hotel staff were all very good, friendly, helpful and a delight.

The next morning we decided to stay an extra night to let me recover fully from the cold symptoms and this proved absolutely no problem for the staff. By the way, the car parking is yards from the door to the hotel which is only yards from the elevators.

As already stated by another reviewer, the inclusive 'continental' breakfast is pretty pathetic. Basically it was either a glass of juice or a cup of coffee plus an iced cake or muffin. Anything else cost extra. But the casino restaurant, Cow Creek, was very good and as in other casinos it is very good value for money. It has a choice of a buffet or meals from the menu. There is also a fine dining restaurant which charges normal restaurant prices but we didn't try it.

The swimming pool looks very good and the water was warm. It also has two hot tubs/jacuzzi.

Hotel guests have full internet access via two hotel PCs free of charge. Just ask reception for the password.

This was an excellent hotel but choose the new wing and get a Players Club card and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrewiltn
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,775 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

Our stay here was very pleasant at $96/night, we checked in at midnight and found our room to be clean and comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. The beds were comfy and there was a coffee maker in the room. The continental breakfast was nothing to write home about, I did find a coffee filter in the coffee pot that the maids forgot to clean out. The indoor pool area is very pretty with a jacuzzi, they are in the process of making a new spa there that will be very nice when complete.

We travel the I-5 quarter frequently, this was our first stay at 7 Feathers but probably not our last. The grounds are very pretty and there was a huge fire in the indoor fireplace in the lobby when we arrived. I would go across the street for a good breakfast before heading out in the morning, tho.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank syrahgirl
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2009

If you can time your stop to stay here traveling North to South, it is well worth it. We stayed in May, prior to the summer rush so we got a decent room rate (89). The rooms here are o.k., they've gotten a little worn in the past few years. The new section is due to open in June. The old section is now taking dogs for a $20. fee. Do not take a room with even numbers....it will be on the highway side.
We had a great supper in the sports bar.. didn't want the awful looking buffet nor did we want the expensive "fine dining". Price, menu, and food were good.
The casino is large with lots to offer for everyone. The Lounge Show was great and the staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank zlew
Alturas, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2009

This place was great. The rooms need a little modern makeover but they are still nice and clean. Casino downstairs, resturant and gift shop. Had a great stay there. The pool was the best pool I have ever seen!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank iamsparkl
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2008

First off, I am not a big fan of indian casinos or anything associated with them. In other words, I have a bias going in. Having said that I'm willing to give this place a neutral rating because I stayed there on a week night in the middle of winter when there was more staff than guests. I stayed here one night as part of a business trip with others.

The rooms are fine, but nothing special. Same with the food. The staff is friendly, but then they weren't exactly overtaxed with customers.

The hotel is along Interstate 5 and is part of a larger complex that includes the casino, which during my stay was empty except for a few cigarette-smoking pensioners shoving a quarters into the slot machine while some faux Motown group sang oldies in the nearby lounge.

The upside is that there's a great pool/workout room area, plenty of parking and it's the nicest place you're going to find along the Interstate in southern Oregon.

• Liked — Convenient to Interstate 5
  • Disliked — The casino
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Rastadog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canyonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 15 in Roseburg

Been to Seven Feathers Casino Resort? Share your experiences!