“This is kind of an oasis in the I-5 corridor”

Seven Feathers Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Canyonville
Portland, OR
“This is kind of an oasis in the I-5 corridor”
Reviewed May 29, 2009

If you can time your stop to stay here traveling North to South, it is well worth it. We stayed in May, prior to the summer rush so we got a decent room rate (89). The rooms here are o.k., they've gotten a little worn in the past few years. The new section is due to open in June. The old section is now taking dogs for a $20. fee. Do not take a room with even numbers....it will be on the highway side.
We had a great supper in the sports bar.. didn't want the awful looking buffet nor did we want the expensive "fine dining". Price, menu, and food were good.
The casino is large with lots to offer for everyone. The Lounge Show was great and the staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank zlew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Alturas, California
Reviewed March 21, 2009

This place was great. The rooms need a little modern makeover but they are still nice and clean. Casino downstairs, resturant and gift shop. Had a great stay there. The pool was the best pool I have ever seen!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank iamsparkl
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 24, 2008

First off, I am not a big fan of indian casinos or anything associated with them. In other words, I have a bias going in. Having said that I'm willing to give this place a neutral rating because I stayed there on a week night in the middle of winter when there was more staff than guests. I stayed here one night as part of a business trip with others.

The rooms are fine, but nothing special. Same with the food. The staff is friendly, but then they weren't exactly overtaxed with customers.

The hotel is along Interstate 5 and is part of a larger complex that includes the casino, which during my stay was empty except for a few cigarette-smoking pensioners shoving a quarters into the slot machine while some faux Motown group sang oldies in the nearby lounge.

The upside is that there's a great pool/workout room area, plenty of parking and it's the nicest place you're going to find along the Interstate in southern Oregon.

• Liked — Convenient to Interstate 5
  • Disliked — The casino
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Rastadog
Newport, Oregon
Reviewed September 27, 2007

We made the Seven Feathers our stopping point on a trip to the Bay Area and we are glad that we did. A comfortable room and a little gaming made this location a great evening's stop over. The price was excellent and if you get the casino's players card you might get even more of a discount - with enough play at the casino. We were told to eat at the sports bar; the food was fine and the beer was very cold! There's a continental beakfast in the Ice cream parlor? - it's not much but it was enough to get us down the road. We will use Seven Feathers as a jumping off point again.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Wally54
Sun City West Az
Reviewed August 1, 2007

This Casino is a pleasant surpise considering it's tucked back into a small town. The staff is friendly, food is great; rooms are very nice, and it's quite clean and modern. The price is also right. We played Bingo there and the staff was friendly and helpful. This a cut above the average Indian Casino.

• Liked — Food Accomodations and Gambling
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scwretired
Oregon
Reviewed June 29, 2007

Nice sized room with comfy bed and a window that opens. The summer mountain air was refreshing. The bathroom is roomy with a very large counter space. Average bathtub/shower but the water pressure was great! There were four sets of large thick towels. The bathroom could have used a vent fan. The room temp was fine, with easy to change climate controls. The hotel hallways were clean, though the elevators needed airing out... they smelled smoky and closed up.

Food... the buffet is adequate, nothing great, though with the room stay you get a free continental breakfast (muffin or similar with coffee or juice - milk is extra) or $2 off any other breakfast priced $5 or more. The snack bar/ice cream shop was less than adequate with very overpriced food and very poor selection. The Camas Room was fine dining. I did not eat there as I pretty much avoid places that charge me individually for every item on my plate. I did eat at the cafe across the street (a truck stop kind of place). The cafe was full of people and the food was good and a good value. The snack bar next door to the cafe was good also.

• Liked — The comfy bed and the roomy bathroom counter top.
  • Disliked — Had to take a "smoking" room as there were no "non'-smoking" rooms lett. They need to have more non-smoking accomodations.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kaliona
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2005

I am a frequent traveller who always stay in 5 stars or at least 4 stars hotels. As I was travelling on the road this time and I didn't have much choice along I-5 between Portland and Medford; I booked a room at The Seven Feathers. At the entrance, the valet service is efficient and courteous, much of a 4 stars hotel standard. The hotel is pretty new and the public areas (e.g. swimming pool, cafe, lobby, game arcade...) are very well kept and CLEAN.

The size of the rooms is O.K. , what do you expect from a hotel right next to I-5...decor is traditional pacific northwest style...lightings can be improved...I am lucky enough to stay on the highest floor (4th fl.), or else I can imagine the rooms downstairs could be quite noisy. The floor seems quite hollow. I have to lift up when I walked around the room so as not to disturb others downstairs. You can easily hear people chatting in the next room.

The bathroom really exceeds my expectations. The bathroom is spacious with marble top sink. Toileteries are adaquete and display neatly. The best part is that the bathroom is very, very clean and with bright lightings.

I didn't spend anytime in the casino but I can see that it's packed with people. The best part is the fine dining restaurant (Camas Room?). I care to write this review though I have a busy schedule after my holiday is mainly because of my experience with this fine dining restaurant. It is indeed no doubt "Fine Dining". The ambience of the restaurant is very upscale and high class. They have a pianoist dressed in elegant evening dress playing the piano right at the reception of the restaurant. The waiters are all well trained with proper etiquette. The setting of the table and the serving manner is definitely deserve a 5 stars rating. Food quality and selection is execellent. Service is prompt and attentive. And yet, the price is so reasonable....For restaurants of this standard may charge 2 times as much. I have visited many 4/5 stars restaurant in U.S.A. and in Canada; I honestly felt that a lot of them are really overrated and over priced. But this fine dining restaurant in Seven Feathers in Canyonville is really a gem. I hope that they're able to keep the standard. A must TRY when you're on I-5 around the area.

• Stayed March 2005
28 Thank sandiegotraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canyonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville
Windmill Inn of Roseburg
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 15 in Roseburg

Been to Seven Feathers Casino Resort? Share your experiences!