“So glad I stopped for the night”

Seven Feathers Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Canyonville
Burnaby, BC
“So glad I stopped for the night”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had a really nice time here and am so glad I stopped. Lobby area with large fireplace was inviting. Service was above average, in hotel and in the casino. My room in the new wing was very nicely done, and quite large. Small fridge- not noisy- and microwave were appreciated.Everything throughout the new wing was nicely appointed without any gaudy art- it was all quite simple and understated yet attractive.
Wish I could have used the huge pool - it was often empty and looked so inviting.
Casino slots did seem "looser" as advertised, and I did well and had fun while playing slots for a couple of hours.
I will definitely stay here again while driving on the 5, and look forward to bringing my partner!

Room Tip: New wing in back is quiet- but some might not want to look out over the small cemetery there; they c...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Troutdale, Oregon
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Last weekend stayed for 2 nights for a convention. Rooms were average, banging of doors all night long made for a long night sleep or lack of. The smoke from the casino drifts in the hallway but surprizing our room did not smell of it which was a great plus. The have a lovely indoor pool, each time we walked by it was empty except Saturday night and a pretty good sized kids enterainment area. We had a buffet catered lunch for the conference and the clam chowder served was wonderful as well as everything on the buffet. We then decided to eat at the buffet for dinner expecting the same quality we had for lunch- that was a big mistake! The restaurant buffet- horrible- food looked like it had been out all day, the clam chowder I had been looking forward to was a gummy mess, looked like two day oatmeal instead of soup. The prime rib was the best part of the meal, they will take it back to the kitchen and grill it if it is too rare- that was fantastic. They also have wonderful pies and ice cream -dessert ended up saving from what would have been not a very nice meal. Cost was $17 pp.The casino was bigger then what I thought it would be. They have a lot of new fun machines, did not see too many winners though. If you are looking to get away from the casino action the town is a mile away with several antique stores. We were told the casino will drive you there if you ask. In town we did stop and had lunch at Ken's sidewalk cafe. At first we drove by and people were eating outside on the outdoor tables, it was very cold so I was not in the mood to sit outside to eat, so we passed it by, on our way back to the casino I noticed inside dining so we turned around to give it try. Glad we did- best meal on the trip! My husband and I both had burgers, buns were toasted and everything on it so fresh, came with homemade fries and a drink for $6 each. This is the place to stop for a great fresh meal- they have lots of items to choose from. On our way home (Sunday) we took the off beaten track of I-5 and visited some small towns. The town of Oakdale had some charming old buildings with antique stores however they did not open until 12:30, not wanting to wait 2 hours we drove on. We stopped in Coburg, Or and found several stores and even picked up a few treasures. Everyone was very friendly , would go back in a heart beat if ever near there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the new section, lots of remodel going on in the old section.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Eagle Point, Oregon
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Living about an hour away, my husband and I spend at least a couple nights a month at 7 Feathers. We usually upgrade to a king suite. Huge glassed in shower, jacuzzi tub, kitchenette with sink, coffee maker and fridge. The only think missing is a microwave. Comfy beds and the suite has 2 flat screen tv's. Service is great! Last year my husband won a car and several jackpots. The new wing doesn't allow dogs but the original rooms are pet friendly.

Room Tip: If you want the full luxury experience, go with the king suite.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JLynne_67
Phoenix, Oregon
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We like this casino. They keep it clean and have a great variety of slot machine games. We always seem to win on them when we go there. We usually go on special occaisions like birthdays and those holidays.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Highland, California
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was shocked to find such service when arriving to this hotel. From the valet to the bell hop continuing to the concierge and restaurant staff absolute great service. I cant say enough about how well this casino & hotel is put together. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. The stay was very well worth the cost (which was very inexpensive). I suggest that the Southern California Indian Casinos need to visit and take a lesson from this place.

Room Tip: One of thee best places I've ever stayed :)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BRamirez5683
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We love going up to Seven Feathers. It's a fun casino. We play cards mostly and people are friendly. Food is just ok. We did try to go to the steakhouse that looks really good but you need reservations on a Friday so we went over to the buffet. The Thursday seafood buffet is very good but the other nights that i've been there, it's just ok. It's a decent dinner for a great price so we cant complain. The music in the bar was really fun.

We've been thinking of staying overnight but the deluxe rooms are the place to stay and $114/night is a little spendy for a casino i think.

We'll save Seven Feathers for our single day trips and head down to Reno for our 2 or 3 day jaunts. I

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LovedGreece
Eureka, California, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stopped here as a midpoint from CA to WA drive. Had been here once before and it seems to have expanded. This place is beautiful and HUGE. Everything is top notch, super clean and modern. The casino area is also HUGE but the smokiest place I think I've ever been!! With all that space and obvious money thrown around, you'd think they'd invest in a better air-conditioning system. Just getting from the room to the buffet was excruciating and I was gasping for fresh air. The buffet was really good, not the most lavish but lots of variety. I judge all buffets by the desserts and it was pretty good...the pie, pudding, cookies were awesome but the cakes I tried were dried out. We loved our server, a lady from CA that had relocated to OR. She was not only attentive but gave us directions for the next day. Lastly, the lounge had a Beatles tribute band (A Hard Day's Night) that was spot on! They could play, they could sing while looking and getting the moves right. A bonus for music lovers like us. All in all, Seven Feathers is a great place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angela3950
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canyonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville
Holiday Inn Express Roseburg
Comfort Inn Roseburg
Comfort Inn Roseburg
#4 of 16 in Roseburg

Been to Seven Feathers Casino Resort? Share your experiences!