“Great Spot for a Fine Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Seven Feathers Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Canyonville
Bend, Oregon
“Great Spot for a Fine Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Enjoyed all the amenities this hotel/casino offered. Good service, fine rooms, delicious Thursday seafood buffet (crab, salmon, shrimp, & more). The rates are reasonable for the accomodations provided. The only downside is the greedy slots! We'll return.

Room Tip: Reserve before arrival.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stumbled upon this place late one night after navigating the windy California coastline all day. Shortly after we cut inland (via RT-199: Crescent City to Grant's Pass) we starting looking for a place to sleep at a decent price. We exited in Canyonville with intentions of staying at the Holiday Inn Express just down the street. After quoting us an extremely overpriced room, we decided to try Seven Feathers. They offered $99 with our AAA discount. We accepted and we couldn't have been happier!

The service was great, the staff was extremely friendly and most importantly, our room was clean, comfortable, and inviting. The bathroom was spotless, the towels and washcloths were white and fluffy, the linens on the bed were smooth, the mattress was firm, and the pillows were buttery. What else could a couple of exhausted travelers ask for after spending all day on the road?

Well, maybe a couple cold drinks and a craps table...all of which were right downstairs!

Room Tip: Use your AAA card for 10% off.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Our August one night stay was very much improved by being able to walk out the travel kinks in an air conditioned resort. Our room was very comfortable. The exercise room was large and had many machines. The buffet was not particularly exciting but service was good. As non-smokers we appreciated that the smoke was sucked out of the air pretty efficiently.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is our 2nd time staying here & basically because the kids love the pool. We do not gamble so the casino is not a draw for us. The rooms are nice sized & clean. The bathroom is good too. It's a nice place to stop over between California & Washington. We also really like the spa. They also offer a small military discount which is not shown online.
Sadly they no longer include breakfast in the rate but the breakfast at the restaurant was decent. Surprisingly pretty good coffee too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Redmond, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My Mom, son and myself were on a trip to drive from California up to Tillamook, Oregon. Staying at the Seven Feathers Hotel was our first stop. My Mom and Sister had stayed here before, so they knew all about it. This was my son's and my first time experiencing this place.
As we drove in, it wasn't real clear where the hotel part was, but eventually I did find some signs.
The property looked very nice and clean. Inside the lobby was also nice and clean. The people at the front desk were very friendly and explained clearly where things were.
After going up to our room, which was very nice inside. We decided to look around the hotel and casino. The pool looked clean and well taken care of, but there were lots of people in there and looked a little crowded so we decided to wait on swimming.
For dinner we ate at the Cow Creek Restaurant. My son ordered a cheeseburger, my Mom had the quesadilla and I had the French dip sandwich. The waitress was so very nice and helpful. She told us she would order the children's menu cheeseburger because it was cheaper and basically the same thing as on the adult menu, but with a free soda. That was nice of her to bring that up and save us a little money. The food was pretty good, I wasn't so excited about my French dip. The meat tasted old and overly reheated. But the other stuff was fine.
My Mom and I hit the casino after dinner and had bad luck, so we walked away and went to enjoy an ice cream at the Kabi Café. They had their own ice cream made for them, which was Huckleberry Hazelnut ice cream. It was amazing!! I wish they would bring that out in stores.
Later in the evening we decided to go down for a swim, when we got there all the doors were locked and we asked someone that worked there. They tried the doors and couldn't get in either. One of the other guests said the pool was closed because of an accident. There was a small note on one of the doors, but nothing else. I called the front desk to see what was going on, and apparently a child had barfed in the pool. Would have been nice to have a couple of notices on the other doors going into the pool.
In the morning apparently my Mom said there is a free breakfast bar for guests. We could not locate it. We asked someone that worked there about it and apparently they quit doing that so they didn't have to raise the rates of the hotel. Ok...
So we had breakfast again at the Cow Creek Restaurant. My Mom had the special which was eggs, hash browns, bacon/ham or sausage and toast. I ordered the waffle and my son had the pancakes for kids. Breakfast was great! Everything tasted good and plenty of food! The pancakes were plenty for my son. They certainly don't skimp on food for the kids.
Our stay there was fine, nothing overly exciting. My son did finally get to go swimming in the morning. The room was very warm inside, but the pool felt great. The echo in that room is annoying when other guests are slamming their kick boards on the water....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Boxerdawgz
McMinnville, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. However, the casino is weak and forget bringing kids here. The arcade is seriously lacking and half the stuff is broken. Then the pool is great but it needs some serious calking on the hot tubs.

We stayed here since it is nice and we went to the Wildlife Safari, but I will not again. I am tired of feel ripped off with little fees which should be a courtesy. They put these $4 bottles of water in the room, but you really do not see the price until your kids opens it to quench their thirst after a long drive. It is things like that that leave me bitter.

Then I cannot even get on the internet, when I manage to call they say it is because I have an Apple computer, forget using an ipad in this place! This is not a business friendly if you use a computer that 30% of the world uses!

If you think this is a resort it is not... It is a casino hotel in which you are spending to pay for a big, ugly statue of an eagle with a salmon. I am going to use a different place next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kippie2013
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a lovely, convenient stop on I-5. The newer wing is very comfortable and accommodations are great! Pool, spa, dining and a casino! Smoke-free is an option as well! The buffet was great, too. Kids can play in an enormous arcade. Fun for all ages!

Room Tip: Choose the newer wing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Colettobros
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canyonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville
Holiday Inn Express Roseburg
Travelodge Roseburg
Travelodge Roseburg
#9 of 15 in Roseburg

Been to Seven Feathers Casino Resort? Share your experiences!