“Great Hotel even if you don't want to gamble - 1st class facilities”

Seven Feathers Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Canyonville
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Great luxurious rooms in quiet location with all the facilities you'll need within the complex. The Hotel is well away from the Casino although the restaurants are within the Casino area. Don't be put off if you don't gamble, this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are in quiet location
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ManicUSAVisitor
Write a ReviewReviews (4,062)

Reviewed June 30, 2011

The room was very roomy and clean. Hotel itself was huge! Bed was comfortable. slept like a baby!

Reviewed June 28, 2011

**PLEASE NOTE this is just after one visit to the hotel, it may just have been an odd stay**

My family has been driving from California to Washington fairly regularly the past few years. We always stop by the resort to grab something to eat and stretch our legs, and the casino/downstairs looks pristine and in fairly new condition.

This trip, we decided to make it our half-way stop since we'd never stayed in the resort before. The first thing that happened was the woman checking us in made a really strange comment to my mom. She said something like "Will YOU be staying in the room?" We're a mixed family, my father is Chinese and my mother is Caucasian, and she kept her maiden name (I thought we were in a modern America where women can have their own identities and not just marry within their own race, apparently not in this resort). My sister and I take a little more after our dad, but that comment was uncalled for. It made my mom feel either like a hooker, or like they thought she had kidnapped us all (including our father, a 50-yr old man) and was trying to check in to our hotel room. Basically like she didn't belong with her own family. They later gave us $20 off the room when my mom mentioned the weird behavior, but mom didn't want compensation. Mom was trying to explain that she was simply hurt, but the girl who was checking us out kept exclaiming, "I GAVE you $20 off," like money makes everything better and makes people forget everything. The girl who checked us out did do the right thing, trying to smooth it over for the company, but she wasn't empathetic. It was kind of like "Shut up, I gave you $20 off, what more do you want?" but maybe I'm a little sensitive because it was my mom and she was so upset.

The Drag show that was featured in the lounge for a 2-drink minimum was FABULOUS. My sister couldn't go in because it was 21+ due to alcohol service, but you can stand outside and watch through the windows. Maybe they could consider doing the early show an "R" rating, 17+ for like $16 and not serve alcohol and then do the later 2 drink min. They aren't very kid friendly, but it is a casino, and they do have a large arcade for kids. There were some creepy older guys hanging out in the arcade though, and since parents were just leaving their kids there, it made me nervous. There should be someone there to just keep an eye out, kids can get excited on their own too.

The pool area is LOVELY. I'm talking heated indoor pool. The pool is actually warm enough to go from the Jacuzzi and back. That's warm! The sauna is a lot of fun too you can actually pour water on the coals. The rooms were not nearly as nice as the downstairs/casino would lead you to believe. Old tube TVs and bedspreads that looked like they were from the 90s, but cable all the same. You only got one pillow per person, and there were no extras in the room anywhere. I'm sure we could have called up, but it came across as a little stingy. Finally, the noise. Our room had a door that connected with one next door, and we got to fall asleep listening to the women next door talking about their infidelities (literally, you could hear every word of their conversation. "I WAS married to Ted at the time, but I didn't CHEAT on him!") even after I'd shoved a towel under the door to try to muffle the sound, it didn't help. And they weren't screaming or anything, it was a regular conversation. It actually sounded like they were in our room. And then at about midnight, some kids ran screaming down the hall. This isn't the hotel's fault, it's the parents, but staying at a hotel/casino, I suppose unchaperoned children comes with the territory.

The free breakfast the next morning was a lovely surprise. My mom and I ventured into the casino to play one or two machines since we were there, and we went up to an unsmiling women in the "information" booth, who just sort of stared at us instead of greeting or acting like she worked there. We asked how the machines worked, and she just gave us a look like she was dead on the inside and pointed around the corner, refusing to listen to our simple questions and simply saying "You need a player's card." So we waited in line only to be told that we did not in fact need one and we could just put money in the machines.

All in all, the hotel itself is fine. The service was extremely hit or miss. The pool guy and the women in charge of breakfast were all really sweet, but those other people just killed it. At least my family has something to laugh about as we look back, but at the cost of the hotel. We most likely will not come back.

4  Thank thedancingoboe
Reviewed June 28, 2011

very nice place only bad note it can be a little smoky in the main casino.

Reviewed June 19, 2011

What a wonderful Hotel and Casino. They have everything you want and more. Staff was great. Hotel was great! Fun casino. Didn't win, but would go back in a heartbeat.

1  Thank lthomas1012
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Although we don't gamble much, we stayed here to take advantage of the reasonably priced rooms. The hotel has a separate entrance on the south side of the complex (take a right at the huge eagle guarding the entrance). We wanted a self service luggage cart, but these were carefully guarded by the valet, who brought a cart and proceeded to load our bags in spite of our pleas that we could handle the luggage ourselves. He was so earnestly trying to help that I decided to go with the flow. He proceeded to take the wrong elevator (the hotel has two towers) and admitted that he was new to this job.
The spacious room had middlebrow decor and was generally in good shape, altho the sink had some serious discoloration issues. Breakfast included biscuits and gravy for the Southern traveler. We happened to arrive the day before the summer season, and the buffet was not yet open. Pool and spa were nice. The hotel is in a scenic forested area, but the staff seemed baffled when I asked about access to the nearby Umpqua River - I guess people come here to stay indoors. We located a nearby county park on our own, found a little used trail, and enjoyed some time relaxing along the river.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank arbornet
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Have been going to seven feathers for 10 years and it just keeps getting better. Stayed in the new wing this last trip in a deluxe room and will do so in the future. Bathroom had great space and the shower was wonderful. You can't beat the price of 89.00 (players card rate). The continental breakfast is much better than the "pick 2 items" we had last year Hope they keep it. We ate at the 24/7 restaurant and the food was good and staff very friendly and helpful. No, they don't have a selfservice area but the servers are all over the place and coffee and soda are n/c, I always give a tip. I didn't find the casino to be overly smokey. The check in staff are great and always polite. Both the old and the new wings are good, I just really liked the bathroom in the new wing. Plus you get some exercise walking to the casino and resaurant. Can't wait to go again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cowlitz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canyonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville
Holiday Inn Express Roseburg
Safari Inn Motel
Safari Inn Motel
#2 of 2 in Winston

Been to Seven Feathers Casino Resort? Share your experiences!