“Convenient and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Canyonville
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Convenient and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on the way from WA to CA. It was right off the freeway. It was clean and well taken care of. I had major issues with my booking,they said I had the wrong night and already charged me for the night before and would have to charge me for this night as well. The front desk tried to be helpful, but even after calling her manager I was still treated as I had made a mistake. Was very frustrated but tried to remember that she was just following what her computer and manager was telling her. I would have left but it was 9:30 at night and my kids were tired. After I checked in and had time to go through my emails I was able to prove I was correct- the young lady said she'd have a manager look into it. The next morning the manager kept saying it was central reservations issue and I'd have to get my money returned from them. Those of you who travel a lot know that you usually have to get your money back from the hotel. I had to ask the manager several times to call himself and to straighten it out- I said I'd give him a head start and when I talked to corporate it would not be pretty. I just got ahold of someone who was very helpful when the manager returned to me and finally everything was straightened out and my second payment was returned. Should not have had to go through that aggravation- especially when I forwarded them the email that showed my correct reservation- but at least in the end it was taken care of. My kids slept well, we had a decent breakfast and continued on our way.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were driving back from California and stopped at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville in Oregon for just one night. What a pleasant surprise! Very nice hotel and suites.

ONLY complaint was I smelled a "smoke" like smell when the air flow/conditioner was not on. Keep in mind the temperatures were high as it is summer (anywhere from approx. 35-40 degrees Celcius outside). We noticed on our road-trip driving that there had been a lot of fires (forest fires, road-side/grass fires, etc. as per evidence left behind). Not sure if that smell had something to do with that or from the nearby breakfast area (maybe someone burnt toast?) Our room was across the hall from the breakfast area. Other than that, it would have scored a 5 for a review for the areas we used.

We did not use the majority of the facility so cannot comment on those areas. We checked in, bonus of only 1% hotel tax (due to being on the reserve; off the i-5 freeway). Apparently the Casino hotel on the other side of the freeway charges 8%, so bonus for us! :)

Breakfast was one of the better breakfast meals we've had at a hotel on this vacation trip. I suppose you get what you pay for. Even then, it was not overly expensive (just under $130/night with the BC AA rate). They didn't have fresh you-make waffles, but they did have a neat pancake device for fresh pancakes! Normal breakfast items (eggs, yogurt, bread-type items, cereal, etc.).

The rooms were a lot fancier than some of the cheaper hotels that we've been staying at on this trip. Granite countertop for the sink area. Tub/shower had good water. Tidy, newer rooms; nicer furniture. Easy parking. Nice open check-in/lobby area.

If we drive through that area again, we would definately stop in and stay without hesitation.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dundee, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Needed a stopping point, and Roseburg HI was full. Nice property, excellent greeting, all was clean and working. Great breakfast service. Easy access, quiet, nice pool. Free wi-fi, friendly guests. Nice shower and room layout. Comfy bed.

• Stayed July 2013
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very small town of Canyonville, but right off freeway for great access - casino only thing in town. Clean, but breakfast could have been better - no butter, seriously? There is a great Mexican restaruant on their "main street" - El Paradaiso.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Very friendly staff gave us good rates advertised in a coupon booklet. Good personal service from everyone. Rooms were very clean, comfy beds. It was an easy and comfortable overnight stay for a nearby baseball tournament.

We ate one meal at casino across freeway, OK for relatively inexpensive meal, didn’t go to expensive steak place or buffet in casino. Not much else in the area but HI Express as well as resort casino is right off freeway.

Room Tip: I asked for a room at end of hall on top (3rd) floor, it was quiet. There are a couple rooms RIGHT o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Welcoming, helpful and friendly staff made a great first impression. Staff were attentive and ready to serve as I came and went during my 2-night stay. My king room was clean and comfortable, and the bed was good for me. The breakfast options worked out fine for someone like me who tries to choose high protein, lower calorie, and less sugar. The pool & spa were sparkling clean. I would definitely choose this hotel again. Only thing that could have made it better was a microwave in the room--but the breakfast room had one available for guest use in the evening.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very clean very friendly staff and a very good breakfast.No problem with our cat. Has a shuttle service over to the Seven Feathers Casino. No road noise at night. Not one single issue at this Hotel would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canyonville
BEST WESTERN Garden Villa Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#7 of 15 in Roseburg
4.0 of 5 stars 30 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville? Share your experiences!