“We'll be coming back!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Canyonville
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Friendly, cheerful and helpful staff, well-appointed lovely room and wonderful breakfast - what more could we want?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here the 12th of July, while on a trip to Yosemite. The property was clean but didn't seem quite as polished as most HIE's. I suspect the hotel is of an older age as the room had the vanity located outside of the bathroom. That is no issue if traveling alone, but an early riser can disturb a sleeper if they get up at different times.

The decor of the property seems spartan compared to other HIE units in which I've stayed. As a Platinum member of their frequent stay program that means I stay at a lot of Intercontinental Hotels Group, (mostly HIE) hotels. It is hard to put a finger on it, but this particular unit just seems to be lacking something. Heading south on the 5, I'd drive on to the Grants Pass HIE.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The 7 Feathers complex has expanded since our last visit to Canyonville. My wife has mobility issues and could have faced a substantial hike between a room and the casino, so we crossed under the freeway to the Holiday Inn Express, figuring she could catch the shuttle van from the front door of the HIE right to the front door of the casino. Room was clean, large, comfortable, and the wifi was fast. Morning continental breakfast runs until 1000 (so many places shut them down around 9). I usually skip these because I don't often find anything I want to eat, but that wasn't the case here. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here a couple times before, when it was a Best Western. For the cost it is a disappointment. This was the most expensive motel on our 7 day motorcycle trip. Called to make a reservation. Was put on hold a couple times then transferred to a call center in an unnamed country. Spent a Abbot and Costello "whos on first.." scene with the person on the other end of the phone for about 10 minutes, trying to spell my name using phonetic tongue twisters. The reservation person could understand credit card numbers and gave me confirmation numbers for the rooms. Room was clean but could use a bit of touching up on molding, paint and carpet. The noise from the air conditioner and freeway did a poor job of masking the noise from the other guests. Since I don't come here to gamble, I think I will have to check out other towns to find a better alternative to this place.

Room Tip: Try for rooms away from the truck stop and freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times as it is just far enough from our home for the first night out. Of course it doesn't hurt that the casino is just a short shuttle trip across the freeway. The rooms are very clean and spacious, beds comfortable and unlike another reviewer we noticed no noise even tho we were on the freeway side of the hotel. The staff at check-in is most friendly and accomodating. Breakfast is nice and on a par with other Holiday Inns we have stayed at. We enjoyed it. Will stay here many more times in the the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loanne55
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Food was So-So, eggs were either runny or overcooked. My family stayed for a week and it was very noisy. Building should have much more soundproofing than it does. The first night they put us on the side with the highway and even the air conditioner couldn't drowned out the noise. I asked for a different room which was on the other side of the highway and that helped. Unfortunately it didn't help the constant noises from the hallway and above the room at odd hours. I should of expected this with a casino right across the street. We returned to our room one evening only to find the garbage had been emptied, but the beds hadn't been made. Why would they do a halfway job is beyond me. Unfortunately if you need a hotel in Canyonville you are limited to either the casino or this section 8 housing unit. If you must stay here, I would request a top floor that way you can be the one stomping on the others heads at night. And one other thing, if you are wanting to know what you are watching on TV you are out of luck. There menu button is not functional so you only know what channel you are watching but not what's on it...

Room Tip: Higher Floors and on the opposite side of the freeway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Troy A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience you had with your room accommodations as well as the issues you had with noise. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Canyonville you will give our hotel another try.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had a medical emergency while staying at the hotel. The staff stored my bags while I was in the hospital at Roseburg. The staff did everything to ease my mind about my car, bags, etc. while I was in the hospital. I cannot say enough about how pleasant the staff was and how I and my friends, who came to pick me up, were treated. The room, once I got to stay there, was very clean. The breakfast was good. The motel, with the casino nearby, is a great to place to relax and unwind while traveling through Oregon.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canyonville
19 mi away
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Roseburg
Seven Feathers Casino Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville? Share your experiences!