“Nice stay, very dog friendly”

Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed January 30, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed our quick trip to the coast. My priorities were a room with a view at a dog friendly hotel and this resort delivers! A full wall of windows leads out to a covered balcony--a perfect place to watch the waves crash into the beach. However, once the sun sets, the room isn't the best atmosphere--it could definitely use some updating (even fresh bedding would help). The furniture is big and clunky for the small rooms. Chairs on the balcony are a low-grade plastic--not great for curling up with a book.

The service and location make up for the lack of atmosphere, so I would still definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 4, 2010

The hotel sits on top of hill, so the view of the ocean is awesome. Can't wait to stay again and again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2010

This hotel has it all. Beautiful rooms with beachfront views, giant bath tubs, and patios with the sound of the ocean lulling you to sleep.

My wife and I decided to spoil ourselves at the end of our coastal drive and we picked the perfect place to stay.

We also took advantage of the on-site spa services for a well deserved massage.

We would recommend that the hotel include a full sized ironing board and please don't change the soap every day. It's not a very green policy.

The service here was excellent and although our fireplace would not light for some reason, engineering was there within ten minutes and had it running in less than that.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2010

We stayed at this resort after getting one night from an auction to benefit Seeing Eye Dogs. Decided to make it a weekend and we had a NW View suite. It was wonderful. The view was very nice of the ocean and the surrounding area. While we didn't have the view of haystack rock it was just down the steps on the beach. Would definitely return here and would recommend it. Probably a lot busier in summer but it was wonderful in the fall.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We checked all the dog-friendly accommodations in Cannon Beach before choosing the Hallmark. We particularly wanted to be right on the beach, and being essentially right in front of Haystack Rock was a bonus.

I was a little concerned because we were choosing a location sight-unseen, and while some people seem to love this place there are other reviews written by people who didn't have a good experience. For us, the Hallmark turned out to be ideal. We had a cozy room with a Sico bed, a gas fireplace and a full-wall sliding glass door facing the beach. The room was clean and comfortable. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful, and just about every one of them had a moment or two to chat with Travis (our Kelpie.) This is definitely a dog-friendly hotel. When Travis tore his paw running on the beach the staff helped us locate a vet in Seaside. We were even given a discount by the vet because of the referral from the Hallmark.

We wanted a place to just hunker down for a few days, walk the beach and sit in front of the fire during the wildest parts of the storms. And since most of beach walks ended with the 3 of us soaked from rain, hail and wind, it was really nice to not have to walk far to dry off and warm up.

We totally enjoyed the Hallmark and Travis gives it a 'paws-up.' We'll definitely come back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We were going to our favorite place to celebrate my Husband's birthday and our regular hotel was booked. We tried Hallmark Resort - the fancy hotel on the beach - because it was a special weekend. I booked a nice room, but as I was discussing with the front desk they upgraded us to help us celebrate the weekend -- it was wonderful. The room had a great panoramic view of the ocean and haystack rock. It was warm, comfy and quite large. A beautiful space and so close to everything. The staff was outstanding and made us feel special! The indoor pool was an added plus during the colder months. What a great treat for us and for our celebration! We now have a new favorite place to stay in our favorite place on earth!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I requested a beach front, clean room on the 3rd floor. I'm telling you, I loved my stay. My husband of 17 years, my 9 year old daughter and my 7 year old son stayed home. This was ME time. I was a little fearful. Wasn't sure about being by myself. However, the staff filled in for my family. Wonderful people. My room was spotless. There was a family with loud kids staying in the room next to me, however, the resort was built with quality walls. I only heard the kids when they left for the beach! I can't say enough about my stay. I am completely thankful. I am rested and appreciate Amy and Linda who went far and beyond expectation. I pray they are not taken for granted. I plan to re-visit soon. (Not sure if I'll bring the family) I would like to see the resort implement a program were there is a financial incentive applied to return customers. Thank you for your time.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo