“It's all about location!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach

Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Corvallis, Oregon
“It's all about location!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

I stayed for 2 nights in late June and had a very nice stay. The employees were very kind and helpful - I arrived quite early and they called me when the room was ready so that I could check in before the set time. That was very considerate. I was in one of the rooms that still needs to be updated, though. I paid for the location which was fantastic. I was in a corner room with a king bed and a view of Haystack Rock. I got a great deal on the room rate because of "June Specials" - so the price was right for the quality of room. I would not have been as satisfied if I had paid the regular rate for that room. But, again - it's all about location and you decide what that's worth to you. It's very handy access to the beach - easy walk into town, and I enjoyed a massage at the on-site spa and it was a wonderful hot stone massage! So - it's a pretty nice place with some rooms still needing updating. Overall, I had a very nice, relaxing visit and Cannon Beach is a lovely community.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank luvmooses

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

I was pretty surprised to discover how small my queen sized ocean view room was. The view of haystack rock was great, the room was clean, but with the bed down, there was no floorspace left

If the web site images and descriptions were a bit more honest, I would have sprung for a bigger room or stayed elsewhere. The Tolavana, located on the other side of Haystack Rock has larger, nicer rooms with full kitchens for a similar price.

• Stayed June 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
southwest oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

The suite was nice with two bedrooms and spacious bathroom and small jacuzzi tub. The beds were very comfortable. The pools were a definite highlight and the close proximity to the beach.
Only negative: I had to ask the cleaner to vaccum under the table and clean the table.
I'm not sure why they don't vaccum or mop or even use cleaners everyday.
Plus: I would definitely get the suite with the kitchenette. It's very handy to have a quick breakfast or lunch with kids in tow.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ccmint
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2010

We just returned home from another wonderful week at the Hallmark Resort! This time, we opted for one of the property's rental houses instead of the hotel, and were really pleased with the whole experience.

House 380 is the smallest of their rental houses, with a king bed loft and 2 smaller queen rooms. The eat-in kitchen was very nicely updated with stylish tile and all the amenities. The livng room faced the ocean with an entire wall of windows - the view was simply spectacular! And the gas fireplace made for nice and cozy late-Spring nights. The loft had an attached bath with a ocean-view jacuzzi. Fabulous!

The staff at the Hallmark have always been super friendly and helpful. They have never failed when we had a special request or problem. Everything is handled quickly and professionally. Below, I clicked "no" for high speed internet and room service. The hotel does have wifi, but the rental houses are in a small dead zone. There is also no room service, but meals can be charged to your room at Dooger's (a really great coastal restaurant) right across the street.

We travel with our greyhounds and they are welcomed with open arms at the Hallmark with a special pet basket containing some nice toys, pet pick-up bags, towels and sheets. There are some room restrictions so it's worth a call to ask about availability, especially in the summer time. The dogs also like seeing their special friends on the staff who have been there to say hello every time we go!

With the beach just steps away there's hardly any chance of having a bad vacation, but things run so smoothly at the Hallmark it is nearly impossible!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fictionaldiva
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2010

We had stayed at Hallmark before and had an just OK room, overlooking the Haystack with a queen bed and several windows... it wasn't up to usual hotel standards... but, it's the beach. We asked for the same room this time and were assured of its availability , booking fee paid by my credit card. Having driven 400 miles to get there...how surprising to be given a small, dark, cold, cave of a room with an (unwanted) kitchenette, a murphy bed,(four feet away from the fridge) tiny bathroom complete with buzzing lights and hot cold (varying whilst you are under it) shower . Of course we complained and said we had requested the room we had last time, but were told that all those rooms were occupied (what was the credit card holding fee for then?) By the way there were very few cars in the car park ...We were shown an equally dark and awful suite(?) which we declined, and told that they had one more room but it was next to the public walkway... Why am I bothering to write this? To warn others as to how the staff at Hallmark may make decisions which ruin your time in Cannon Beach... the beach may be one of the most beautiful on earth, the accomodations at the Hallmark are more like what you would expect at summer camp... but not at summer camp prices. Shame on Hallmark, we won't be back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lindro_10
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2010

If I had unlimited funds and you asked me what I would like to do for a three day weekend, I would choose to drive to Cannon Beach and stay at the Hallmark. If I had more money and more three day weekends, I would go here all the time. We went over Valentine's Day/President's day weekend in 2009 for two nights and had an amazing time. We booked a northwest view king, which was a corner room on the 3rd floor with a king sized bed, fireplace, and a deck with a direct view of Haystack rock. It was about $200 a night, and worth it. I loved waking up at night and seeing the sillouette of Haystack rock in the moonlight and listening to the ocean. Definitely try the Pig 'n Pancake for breakfast--the dungeness crab benedict was amazing. The crab tasted very fresh. For Valentine's Day dinner we ate at Newmanns at 988 and it was fabulous. I had the duck and it was cooked perfectly.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2009

We stayed here in October of 2008 and it was such a peaceful, relaxing hotel in such a beautiful spot.

Our room had only a partial view of the ocean but we enjoyed our stay tremendously. The staff were all kind and friendly, and the location was second to none.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple