Stayed 2 nights in a queen waterfront view room. The view of Haystack Rock was amazing! The deck was large, furnished with 2 chairs and small table. As we we on an end, we appreciated that the "wall" was clear acrylic, rather than solid, so the view was maintained throughout.
This was a recently renovated room, equipped with a very comfortable bed, new chairs, tables, lamps outfitted with extra outlets-plenty of charging stations for several gadgets.
So many upgrades, that the old things REALLY stood out: old, stained hinges on the bathroom door, yellowed heat lamp casing in the bathroom, light switch plate in the bathroom, and especially the dented, rusted heat vent in the main room. These few items detracted from the beauty of the very-well-done upgrades.
Room was supplied with outstanding locally roasted coffee and coffee maker as well as a mini fridge. We enjoyed the gas fireplace operated on a timer.
Heated pool was nice. Didn't have opportunity to try the hot tub. One was out of order, the other was overtaken by a family who never left! The sauna was nice, though small. We did not examine the fitness facility.
Check-in was easy, though we arrived after the warm cookie time. Once in our room, we remembered reading on facebook about Sunday night bonfire. We called to the desk to find that staff would prepare a beach fire, supply blankets, chairs, sticks and marshmallows. It was an enjoyable time to spend on the beach, which we'd have missed had we not taken it on ourselves to ask. The staff in training perhaps could be trained on the details.
Their website says the outside renovations are complete, but the walkway covering looks old and frayed, enough that wheeled luggage hung on it in a couple of places.
There is no on-site restaurant, but it is close to food and shops.
We look forward to returning to this property in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the closest resort to famous Haystack Rock, we offer panoramic oceanfront views and a variety of room styles to meet your needs, including guestrooms with fireplaces and romantic in-room spas. For the family experience, choose suites featuring 1 or 2 bedrooms, Sico beds, kitchenettes, and spacious living areas. Rejuvenate at Elements By The Sea, our on-site day spa and enjoy our 2 indoor heated pools, 3 swirl spas, exercise room, and sauna. Complimentary house-baked cookies at check-in, popcorn in your room, and high-speed WI-FI are available in guestrooms. We are pet friendly in 50% of our guestrooms. Newly renovated oceanfront guestrooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach Hotel Cannon Beach
- Hallmark Hotel Cannon Beach