We booked 2 nights at Hallmark Newport and 2 nights at Hallmark Cannon Beach, and what a difference! We gave 5 stars to Newport's Hallmark (see my review there) and can hardly give 2 stars to Cannon Beach's one based on our experience. We booked both hotels on their June promotional rate. Hallmark CB promised us a "deluxe accommodation in a spa room with limited view balcony". Sounds good, right? Wrong. They raised our expectations but could not live up to them.
When we arrived, we were said - immediately - "that was the only room available based on your booking" and we were sent to a dark room under the stairs. The room was practically windowless; with my height 5.6 feet I could touch the ceiling. It was no spare electrical outlets in the living area, broken coffeemaker, no microwave, and they placed the fridge right next to the toilet (literally in the toilet room). I honestly said to the reception that that accommodation didn't even deserve 2 stars; we have seen the motels at twice less the price offering much better rooms to travellers, and that we would share our disappointment on Trip advisor. At least they were warned.
In spite of the rain we tried to stay at the hotel as little as possible and moved out of the room at 8 am. The hotel to our observation was only about 1/3 full.
Upon our check out they "discounted" our room (we didn't ask for that though, as we much rather had a good stay) and it didn't change our experience.
In our opinion the hotel's accommodation we were given does not deserve 4 stars.
The location does have fantastic views of the Rock, and most of the personnel was polite, particularly the maintenance guy who did the fire and invited us to it with all ready to go sticks and marshmallows.
The hotel is NOT in downtown CB, you have to drive to the shopping and restaurants. The only pub across the hotel is overpriced, and you have to climb the stairs back to the hotel from the street level.
So if you are trying to get something good there at $150 a night - don't hope too much and at $ 250 a night - I would definitely find something much-much better. I agree with other poor ratings of this hotel, and the indication of its decline is that it ranks as 10th out of 13 hotels in CB. The thing that saves it is its location. We will not come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the closest resort to famous Haystack Rock, we offer panoramic oceanfront views and a variety of room styles to meet your needs, including guestrooms with fireplaces and romantic in-room spas. For the family experience, choose suites featuring 1 or 2 bedrooms, Sico beds, kitchenettes, and spacious living areas. Rejuvenate at Elements By The Sea, our on-site day spa and enjoy our 2 indoor heated pools, 3 swirl spas, exercise room, and sauna. Complimentary house-baked cookies at check-in, popcorn in your room, and high-speed WI-FI are available in guestrooms. We are pet friendly in 50% of our guestrooms. Newly renovated oceanfront guestrooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach Hotel Cannon Beach
- Hallmark Hotel Cannon Beach