Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed for three days , the room was great. Very clean and had a great view of the ocean. The only complant was when we made the reservations we were told there would be a compamentery basket waiting in the room when we arrived for our anniversary. It was not . But everything else was great. We even had a seagull come and land on the balcony railing it was great.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Bryce H,
Congratulations on your anniversary and thank you for choosing us to share it with. I'm so happy you enjoyed your guestroom and view. I'm very sorry we disappointed you with the lacking in-room gift. Please contact me personally for you next reservation and I will make it up to you. I can be reached at kirby@hallmarkinns.com. Please accept my apologies and we look forward to seeing you again.
Kirby Blankenship

Write a ReviewReviews (2,445)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great value, great location - step out on your balcony and you are looking straight at haystack rock. There is no on-site restaurant, but plenty of good seafood places close by. Convenient stairs down to the beach make walking out to the ocean very easy. The rooms are comfortable - not elegant, but lots of nice touches - balconies, in room fireplaces, in room refrigerators to chill champagne. There are certainly even more elegant hotels to stay at in the area, but if you are looking for the quick romantic weekend getaway, this hotel fills the bill... There is a major renovation taking place right now, but the construction was not an issue for us during our stay.

Room Tip: Get a suite - the extra room to relax in front of the fireplace and enjoy the ocean sounds is very n...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi noworries2000,
Thanks for the great review. You will have to come back and experience us again after our renovation. The guestrooms and suites will keep their comfort and have a new, more elegant look. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the Oregon coast.
Sincererly,

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We recieved a coupon for one of our favorite hotels - the Hallmark Resort in Cannon Beach and could not refuse. My wife and I took one of our daughters to a place we go about once a year on a spur of the moment trip. We were warmly welcomed at reception and given a suite with a full beachfront room. Besides being clean, it was well appointed, with a tidy kitchen (though we ate out for our meals). The front desk had games to check out and current DVD's at a reasonable price. My wife and I had a comfortable bed and my daughter had a Murphy bed in the main room. Check out was smooth.

Room Tip: Splurge on an oceanfront room!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear ronPortland_Oreg. . .,
Thank you for making the Hallmark Resort a famiy tradition when visiting Cannon Beach. I'm delighted with your review. I'm not sure if you noticed, but we have a full renovation going on and we will soon have a fresh, new look, but the warm welcome will stay the same. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you come to town.
Sincererly,

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My first room had some serious housekeeping problems, both superficial and deep cleaning shortcomings. I called the front desk at 8AM asking for the Housekeeping Manager and was told to call at 9AM. I called at 9:30, and the HK Mgr was still not in. So I asked for the General Manager. Kirby called, and came to my room promptly. He was duly appalled and apologetic. He offered me an upgraded room for my second night, and personally carried my luggage to the new room, which was spotless and had a great view of Haystack Rock and the ocean storm that kept blowing. The spa tub and the fireplace topped off a lovely upgrade.
It's hard to imagine how one room could be so housekeeping-deficient while another is up to international standards.
Thanks, Kirby.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for ocean front, or at least ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kitcat22
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Kitcat22,
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to apologize and make up for your first impression. I'm so sorry we initially let you down. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the second guestroom and I hope you were able to ignore the view long enough to get your taxes done. Thanks for giving us a second chance and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Ocean front,fireplace,deck,wind and rain and those ocean sounds.You've got to love a mid-week getaway.With the winter rate special and Haystack Rock so close you could almost touch it. WOW This is my second review for this establishment and both experiences have been very nice. There is a major renovation taking place but we had no side effects from it.We love Cannon Beach and no disappointment's.....we'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms 120,220,320 are on the South corner and closest to Haystack Rock....what a view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Luis H,
Thanks for taking time to review your recent stay. Yes, the winter storms can be quite an experience. It's amazing how the ocean waves break around Haystack Rock and "Terrible Tilly"! I'm delighted you've enjoyed your stays with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had company in town and wanted to show them the amazing Oregon Coast. After checking a few other options we booked a room at the Hallmark which sleeps 6 persons. We booked this room based on a great past experience staying at the Hallmark in Newport Beach. Unfortunately I tried to find 3 nice things to say about our stay here and here they are... 1) Curb Appeal- we arrived in the evening and the lighting and long driveway to the hotel are beautiful, actually gives it a fancy resort appearance 2) The View... Definitely why we chose this hotel instead of others we contacted because of the ocean view... I kept telling everyone that is what we paid for 3) sounds weird but the 3 tvs in the 3 rooms made it nice when we were hanging out in the room.

The negatives to they room were that although it has 2 separate bedrooms, you have to walk through one bedroom to go to the other (I was informed of this prior to booking). Another negative and probably one that was most annoying was that there was only one bathroom... And it was tiny! Maybe we are being snobbish here but why would you have a room for 6 persons with only one bathroom? The pool was nice and big with multiple jacuzzis and a toddler pool but it had a bit of a green tinge to it. And lastly the way our room was laid out when the people in the rooms near the main bedroom stood outside to talk it felt like they were in our bedroom. One night they got s little loud and stood right by our bedroom talking at 3:00 a.m.- I had to tap the window and send them away before they woke up our kids.

The staff we encountered were nice. When they guy cleaned our room he fort to re-stock towels and the maid was very pleasant and got us a nice stack of towels right away.

After the remodel is complete we may try this hotel again and hopeful we will be able to write a positive review.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

RrosesWA,
Thank you for the positive comments in your review and I am very sorry you were disappointed. I understand your concerns with the bedroom arrangement and that is why we describe the rooms to potential guests when they make their reservations. We do have an ocean view 2-bedroom suite that has a small bathroom off the back bedroom, but you still have to walk thru one bedroom to get to the other.

We are renovating all our guestrooms to have a fresh, new look, but the lay out of the rooms will not change. I suggest you may want to consider one of our oceanfront beach houses for your next visit. They will accommodate 6 people very nicely and you still have access to all the resort amenities.

Please accept my apologies and I hope you will give us another try.
Kirby Blankenhship

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We needed an Oregon coast 'fix' and found it at Cannon Beach Hallmark Resort. Our stay was perfect in everyway, from service to the lovely accomodation. We enjoyed all the best of Cannon Beach for three days and returned home rejuvenated!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Gunsonfam,
Thanks for the great review. We strive to make every guest feel like this is their "home away from home" and I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit. I hope you make the Hallmark Resort a family tradition and we look forward to seeing you again.