Just returned from five days at the Hallmark in an ocean front two bedroom with three adults. Here are my pros and cons.
Bathroom: Toilet and tub were in a separate room. Very small, but clean and well stocked with lots of towels. Toilet paper wasn't the greatest. The sink area was well stocked with nice products.
Back bedroom with queen bed: Nice size room and clean with a flat screen tv. Bed was a little firm and bed spread a little dated.
Front bedroom: You had to walk thru this bedroom to get to back bedroom. This was ok for us, but might be a problem for others. This room originally had two twins. We asked for them to be pushed together and this was done before we checked in. Very comfortable bed. Two night stands with lamps and an alarm clock. Plenty of closet space with hangers. Chest of drawers with a flat screen TV on top.
Kitchen area: Small, but functional. Full size frig, electric 4-burner stove with small oven. Nice Mr. Coffee maker and they supplied coffee with condiments. Good supply of dishes and flatware. The pots and pans were new. Three knives that needed sharpened. Oh yes, a small dishwasher that we really appreciated. Only ran it when we were out of the room... very noisy.
Front room area: This was probably our biggest disappointment. The unit was advertised as sleeping six so they had a murphy bed. In order for there to be room for the murphy bed to be lowered they only had a small couch and small table with two chairs. Didn't make for being very comfortable while watching tv in the evenings. We finally just lowered the bed and used it. This worked fine for the three of us, but I can't imagine six people being able to get comfortable. The room had a balcony with four plastic stack chairs and a small table. There was a tv in the front room and a gas fireplace that was very enjoyable.
Staff and service: Everyone from check-in to check-out was friendly. The maid service was fine. No complaints. The grounds around the Inn were beautifully maintained and I was envious how well their flower beds still looked. We had problems with the Wifi several times and had to call the office. Since we were using our computers for fun it was no big deal, but if you were using it for business, it might be.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and any problems we had were very minor. We hopefully will be able to return next year. The view and location were perfect for us. We were able to bring our dog and the staff really accommodates dogs with treat bags. It was very quiet at night and the parking lot was well lit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the closest resort to famous Haystack Rock, we offer panoramic oceanfront views and a variety of room styles to meet your needs, including guestrooms with fireplaces and romantic in-room spas. For the family experience, choose suites featuring 1 or 2 bedrooms, Sico beds, kitchenettes, and spacious living areas. Rejuvenate at Elements By The Sea, our on-site day spa and enjoy our 2 indoor heated pools, 3 swirl spas, exercise room, and sauna. Complimentary house-baked cookies at check-in, popcorn in your room, and high-speed WI-FI are available in guestrooms. We are pet friendly in 50% of our guestrooms. Newly renovated oceanfront guestrooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach Hotel Cannon Beach
- Hallmark Hotel Cannon Beach