We stayed at the Hallmark Inn in Cannon Beach Oct 8-10 2011. I booked an Oceanfront King Spa room for a romantic weekend. When we arrived there was confusion at check in and I was given the key for a different room. I opened the door expecting a full oceanfront spa room with a king bed and was greeted with a musty, tiny, dark panelled room with little to no view. I marched back to the front desk immediately-let me put it this way-if this my room for the night, I would have slept in my car and returned home. The room was gross.
Luckily, it was a mix up and our real room was great. The ocean view was amazing, the balcony was great, the bed was super comfy, the spa tub was great, the shower was updated and luxurious. Yes, the property is a little dated, the carpet indoors and out is tired and in need of replacement, some of the furnishings are tired (bed tables, etc.) but otherwise it was great. The view of haystack rock was beautiful as well.
On the whole, I would absolutely go back, but only with this in mind:
1. Be careful what room you book. They are not all equal. I learned first hand that they have rooms I absolutely would not spend a night in. (Musty, dark, drab, gross).
2. If you want quiet, book the top floor. Our second morning we were awakened by a family overhead stomping around at 6am. The walls/ceilings are thin!
3. Housekeeping did not clean the spa tub during our stay. It was clean when we arrived, but not during our stay. Made me think a little about the quality of cleanliness and hygiene at this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the closest resort to famous Haystack Rock, we offer panoramic oceanfront views and a variety of room styles to meet your needs, including guestrooms with fireplaces and romantic in-room spas. For the family experience, choose suites featuring 1 or 2 bedrooms, Sico beds, kitchenettes, and spacious living areas. Rejuvenate at Elements By The Sea, our on-site day spa and enjoy our 2 indoor heated pools, 3 swirl spas, exercise room, and sauna. Complimentary house-baked cookies at check-in, popcorn in your room, and high-speed WI-FI are available in guestrooms. We are pet friendly in 50% of our guestrooms. Newly renovated oceanfront guestrooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hallmark Resort & Spa Cannon Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach Hotel Cannon Beach
- Hallmark Hotel Cannon Beach