“Should be the #1” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sweet Basil's Cafe
Ranked #14 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Cajun & Creole, Healthy, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oregon
“Should be the #1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

Great food! About the only "healthy" option for granola head hippies...nothing against granola heads. This place is cool, laid back, and did I mention great food!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Lacey, Washington
“Sweet Basil's Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

If you like great healthy food you gotta go to Sweet Bazil's Cafe. We had brewakfast there two mornings in a row! Everything is prepared by the chef with exquisite care. The server made us feel like we were eating at her house. We loved the Marrion Berry jam so much we ask if we could by the jar and she gave it to us! Who gives anything away anymore! Wow. We are customers for life.

1 Thank LazyInLacey
Vancouver, BC
“Tasty & great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2009

One of the hardest parts about being in Cannon Beach is trying to decide where to eat without getting ripped off. We went to Sweet Basil's after reading a few reviews on here and were really pleased. We had the crab sandwich and the shrimp po boy. I wasn't the biggest fan of the shrimp, but really liked the crab sandwich. Everything was fresh, came with a side of slaw and chips. Wish I had room for dessert, which I was told was made all in-house. Definitely recommended.

warrenton, oregon
“Wow what a surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

Most of us walk around CB and somehow go into the closet place to eat. On our first trip here we found it by mistake. Well it's certainly not a mistake why people are talking about this little cafe. They have over 30 choices on their menu. I first tried the Crab Melt and my friend had the Pulled Pork poboy. The melt was just Dungeness crab mounded on a grain bread with some mayo and muenster cheese melted on top. It was fantastic simple, letting you taste the crab and delicious. My friends pulled pork was equally as great. The BBQ sauce we were told is a Carolina version with vinegar, it was the bomb.
then this past weekend we got into town early and now they serve breakfast on the weekend. The three of us ordered the eggacado omelet, buckwheat waffles and the redneck omelet.......Wow. We sat in there garden area with the birds chirping and just had a wonderful experience. We tried to go back for lunch but they were so busy we decided to try again on our next visit.

wheeler,or
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just what the Doctor ordered”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2009

I had just come from my acupuncture appt. and we had been talking about trying to change the way I feed my family.(an 8 & 16 yr old) I was a stressed just thinking about it. It's alot easier to try to make healthy choices for yourself. I saw a sign from the main road at the north end of town that said SWEET BASILS natural,organtic,wild . The restaurant is at the end of the walk way, with a nice garden,outdoor seating,and a huge variety of birds in the nearby trees and bird feeders.When I went in to be seated in this very cute and clean place, the first thing I saw on the front of the menu was the sentence
" It's time we asked....what's in my food" The variety on the menu was great.I ordered the crab and artichoke melt, which was to die for! As I was eating I read the back of the menu, which to me was just as profound as the sentence on the front. By the time I left I was feeling full, satisfied,and best of all, much more hopeful knowing that healthy food can be great tasting too.They also have a limited kids menu.