“Fantastic food”

Sweet Basil's Cafe
Ranked #16 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Offering a healthy choice at the coast. Many vegetarian and Gluten free options. House smoked pork and meat options also available. At dinner Cajun/Creole dishes are featured plus local Northwest ingredients. Live music nightly in the Wine Bar.
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We started with the Tiger Prawn Martini with banana and sweet chili sauce. We never would have put those things together but it was very good. We then ordered the Crab Stuffed Portabella Mushroom with cheese which was one of the best dishes we've ever had. We also got the Apple Chicken salad with homemade Mango Lemon dressing. The salad was fairly ordinary but the dressing made it. Very small place without much seating and we chose not to sit in the lounge area so we were right by the door and the kitchen. Which was fine it just wasn't so intimate. Live acoustic music was tasteful and gave a cool atmosphere. Our bill was just under $50 I definitely recommend it if for nothing else than for the food.

• Visited May 2014

Portland Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oh! So! Buco!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I've never had Osso Buco (Bone Hole) before, but had the Pork Shank Osso Buco this week at Sweet Basil's Cafe (my favorite restaurant in Cannon Beach). It was Oh, so meraviglioso (wonderful). It was extremely tasty, well presented, and completely satisfying. I'd order it again in an instant ... so good, I can't keep it out of my mind. My wife had a Salmon dish that was delightful as well. We always make a point to drop by Sweet Basil's when we visit Cannon Beach (which I hope we will soon to see a play at the Coaster Playhouse in Cannon Beach). I urge you to drop by, too. I can assure you, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014
“A great place for dinner and a great atmosphere”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Sweet Basil's evening music and vegan gluten free coconut cake were both highlights of our trip. Lunch was also great. I had the best crab melt with vegan cheese! Since I have many food intolerances, this place was just great in providing an excellent menu of yummy, healthy choices. I had two great nights of entertaining music, complete with an impromptu Beatles sing along. I'll definitely be back next time.

Bend, Oregon
“Absolutely Amazing”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I loved this place... Sweet, quaint, yummy, gourmet, fresh... Good wine and yes live music. A very french countryside cafe feel with rustic furnishing and soft lighting . I had the crab stuffed portabello mushroom with fresh wild green. Omg!!! I may be back tomorrow.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh and flavorful choices in a quaint and warm atmosphere.”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Loved the appetizers and wine. My hubby and I shared the smoked salmon bruschetta, shrimp and artichoke and special eggplant appetizers with a lovely August Cellar Reisling. To add to the evening was some wonderful local Jazz musicians. I would definitely return next time we come to town.