“Cute, but wouldn't go back”
Review of Sweet Basil's Cafe

Sweet Basil's Cafe
Ranked #16 of 49 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Offering a healthy choice at the coast. Many vegetarian and Gluten free options. House smoked pork and meat options also available. At dinner Cajun/Creole dishes are featured plus local Northwest ingredients. Live music nightly in the Wine Bar.
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very cute restaurant with nice outdoor area, but slow service (I think it's part of the ambience). Crab roll was really good, but not exceptional enough to go back just for that.

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Ted (the maitrede) gets it. What a meal!!!
Everything from start to finish was excellent. I eat in restaurants in NYC all year long and this place could be in that league without having to change a thing -(maybe the pace but that's Oregon right?). They nailed it on the food side and Ted is a man that gets it. The Hefeweissen blew my mind and he sold me an experience I won't soon forget. My wife had a vegetarian sandwich that was obviously made with copious amounts of love and experience. I had a PO boy sandwich and thought "how good could it possibly be when I ordered it. I was hungry so I went for the biggest item looking for quantity. I left having realized not only quantity, I left thinking how did they make every bit of this that damn thing so good? Do yourself a favour skip all the pizza and microbrew restaurants in Cannon Beach and go here! You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Cdnchowhound
Reviewed August 18, 2012

After waiting 15 minutes outside for the place to open, and watching the wait staff walk around with nothing to do, we finally were able to come inside and order our food. Husband and I split the veggie and hummus plate and then split the salmon with curry entree. Both were EXCELLENT. Some of the tastiest food we've had in all of Cannon Beach, and we've been visiting the area yearly for the past 20 years. We will definitely eat here again, and make sure to get here right when they open. The place did fill up by the time we started eating our food.

1  Thank fancypants70
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We really enjoyed the lunch at this cafe - it was by far the best healthy, casual meal we had in the area.
My husband had the crab sandwich and I had chicken salad - both with very fresh organic products. We then had some delicious homemade chocolate cake. Check the website for opening times.

1  Thank Orlando253
Reviewed August 8, 2012

we went on a summer weekend so the restaurants we wanted to go to had at least 1 hr wait. We ended up at Sweet Basil's cafe with maybe 20 mins wait to get a table. This is only the beginning. I noticed another table didn't get their menu after sitting down for at least a good 15-20 mins. I figured I would go get the menu myself to save us some waiting time. Wine and shrimp cocktail arrived in reasonable time but the cooked food was soooooo slow. We waited from sunshine to sunset, from warm to super cold (after the sun went down). I had to hold my dog in my lap to keep myself warm and ended up standing indoor to wait for my food. I think we waited for at least an hour for our food in shaking cold. My crab pie was good but really small portion (for the price $22?) and came out cold. My husband hot dish was really good, i have to say (sorry forgot what he ordered) and was hot. When i went in to pay for the bill, noticed that the kitchen is quite unorganized. They use couple of portable stoves and regular home use pots and pans. No wonder food are slow. They do have good food but does it worth the long wait....I don't know.