“Amazing food!”

Harding Trading Company
Ranked #28 of 53 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Description: Northwest Cuisine with French influences, Seafood, Homemade Pastas, Local Meats, and Vegetarian Options. Heated outdoor seating (all year) Dogs welcome on deck!
Reviewed August 29, 2017

We loved everything we had. Great Caesar salad, bisque, amazing flat bread, delicious steak and beautiful Black Berry Cobbler!

1  Thank dyans6

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Left the kids at home and had a date night, a new favorite in the area. Small but not cramped and the food was outstanding as was the service. Nice addition to town.

1  Thank GavinHenry
Reviewed August 15, 2017

We arrived early, about 4 pm, very hungry. This place did not disappoint. The service was great and the food was devine. Before we ended our meal the place was packed, so glad we came extra early.

1  Thank niviak2017
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

The Harding Trading Company came highly recommended and did not disappoint! We arrived early because we had a party of 6 and they graciously moved tables around to accommodate us. Everything we had was marvelous - the Seafood Bisque was flavorful, the Baguette with Brie, Dijon, Fig Jam and Arugula was a fabulous combination. For entrees we had the Halibut in Pea Purée, Gnocchi with Heirloom Tomatoes, Linguini & Steamer Clams and Steak au Poivre - everything was freshly made, served at the perfect temperature and in a timely manner. Flavors were on point in each and every dish. With a meal like this you can't stop without eating dessert - freshly picked Blackberries made for a perfect Cobbler with a separate bowl of whipped cream, the Panne Cotta with blueberry compote was light and melted in your mouth and the Cheesecake was delicious. We can see why locals are returning to this place to eat a couple of times each week!

2  Thank Ellen H
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

We visited Cannon Beach 2 weeks ago with some friends, to celebrate my birthday there. After having checked dinner options online I decided to book a table for 8 at Harding trading company. As they don't have a website, are not on open table or any other reservation system, I tried to call them. No success either so I sent them a Facebook message as they have a Facebook page and Facebook message are always sent to the page manager's email. As I received no answer I assumed they were too busy to answer customers but didn't imagine for a second that they were not even monitoring their emails! We did show up on the date and time I had announced, to meet a very embarrassed waiter who told us he had no reservation! He very politely said he would try to find a solution but came back with a less than friendly woman (the owner I think) who didn't apologize at all but sneered saying that "she couldn't check everything on Facebook"! First you NEVER sneer at customers, second saying she was sorry and trying to give a recommendation for another option would have been at least polite, third when you start a business it could be a good idea to have basic skills and understanding of how communication works, and last but not least she dared telling me she couldn't seat tables for more than 6 but at the same time someone yelled from the back that "the party of 7 was on its way"! To me this is lying and this is not what I expected from a business owner (oh, btw, I am one, a chef in fact...). We left extremely unhappy, she finally offered a half hearted apology, and we went to Sweet basil next door where we enjoyed a delicious dinner and where the staff was friendly and knowledgeable.

5  Thank MMFoucher
Jane H, Owner at Harding Trading Company, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2017

With all due respect, this one cannot go unanswered. In all the other reviews you can see that we care a lot about customer service. When you arrived you said that you had a reservation. I was stumped because we do not do reservations for parties of 8 and cannot accommodate that many people . I truly thought you had the wrong restaurant because you said you had a confirmed reservation. When I asked you HOW you made the reservation you said you did it on Facebook. We do not book via Facebook....(you are absolute correct that we are in the media dark ages)....and we are not on booking sites like open table, and booking on Facebook . Also you did not receive a reply which means you did not have a reservation. I did take your advice by removing the messaging and will have Facebook as an informational site only. I also want you to know that we did feel bad for you on your special day, we are truly sorry for the misunderstanding.