“Good with some issues” 3 of 5 bubbles

Warren House Pub
Ranked #32 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Spokane, Washington
“Good with some issues”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Had beers there the day before. Decided to come back for dinner. Food was good. Server was friendly. We asked it they could split the bill. (We were with another couple) we were told that it could not be done. Our bills would have been somewhat different. This should be simple enough to do. Otherwise, it would be worth stopping by.

Visited September 2013

Warren, New Jersey
“Below average because of service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Friendly place, OK menu. Could be a good experience if they only had staff that cared for customer satisfaction. What an original idea

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Andrew K
“Historic character and really good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family went here for dinner and came away very happy. The location was extremely convenient to the Inn at Cannon Beach and the character and history of the building make for a really wonderful and comfortable atmosphere. My children all enjoyed their meals and my wife and I had a good experience as well. There is no deep fryer (a wonderful exception to most coastal fare) and as a result the fish is breaded and grilled which was delicious. Good local beer selection is also a plus. Service is friendly and accommodating to families with children. I recommended to my parents who came last week and had a similarly great experience.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco
“Cosy, broody pub on a drizzly evening.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a fairly small pub with a selection of draft beers and wines serving hot pub meals in a clean environment. The night we were there was rainy, there weren't too many patrons, yet the service was a bit slow. Since I wasn't drinking alcohol, the waiter wasn't as quick to ask me if I wanted a refill, but my beer drinking buddies sure got attention. I would to back, though, since it is one of the better dining options in south Cannon Beach and it impressed me as very clean.

Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Rude service saps the flavor from good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

The Warren House is one of our "go to restaurants" in Cannon Beach. The food is consistently good to very good and the staff friendly and helpful. Not the case tonight. My husband and I both ordered the ciopinno, a tasty, well-seasoned broth with plenty of shrimp, ling cod, clams and scallops. The broth was served at a perfect temperature. We also ordered a dark wheat beer, Dunkle-veizen (may not be the perfect spelling), a nice summer dark brew poured with a creamy head.

Now for the service. We were asked to wait for seating on the patio until the table from the previous diners was cleared. We did and when they cleared the dishes we sat down. We waited about 5 minutes until the waitress came to serve us. She placed the menus in front of us and my husband asked her if she could clean the left-over food from the table. She immediately snatched the menus from us and stormed off the patio. Several minutes later another waitress came to the table with a wet cloth. We asked her if there was a problem and she said the waitress was tired of rude people. Not sure how asking a waitress to clean the table was rude. My husband made the request in a nice voice with no demand, just a simple request. The good thing is that the rest of our service was slow, but fine. Better yet, the first waitress chose not to be a nurse. Now she should choose another profession in which she does not have to deal with people.

Normally, we would complain to the manager about this type of service, but she is the manager. Since the Warren House is owned by Bill's Tavern in Cannon Beach. Bill's Tavern might want to find someone better suited for the job.

• 1 of 5 bubbles