“Horrible service!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Salem, Oregon
“Horrible service!”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I went to Cannon Beach to enjoy some time away without our kids. We were really looking forward to a nice meal when we walked into the Warren House Pub. As we were seated at our table, we noticed that it had not been cleaned. When the waiter came, we asked if he could wipe it. He did a quick swipe, hardly cleaning it at all. When my husband asked if he could wipe off a large sticky spot, he gave it a quick swipe. It did not clean it at all. From that point on, we felt like he was ignoring us and playing some kind of passive/aggressive game with us. The food took over a half hour to come and even our pre-salads did not come before then. I asked for iced tea and he abruptly walked away bringing back two iced teas, however he had not even got a response from my husband as to what he wanted to drink. The bottom line is, we will never go back. The other restaurants we ate at on our vacation were great, with great service. We don't feel any need to return to a place that doesn't value its customer. Tip: change your service, you can't afford to act this way in this economy!!

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank Lisa L

Vancouver, Canada
“Great little Pub”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

This pub has a small restaurant zone in the front that is under age friendly. Everyone in the restaurant was enjoying themselves and it was a great atmospere. We enjoyed the food and service. We all had various seafood meals and they were all good value and decent quality. Definitely worth it for a quick pub meal. If it's a choice between Warren House Pub and Mo's (they're only a block apart) - choose Warren House Pub

• Visited August 2011
Portland, Oregon
“Was my last time there”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We returned to the Warren House Pub with my teenage kids and their friends, mainly because the kids remembered the great root beer. That was pretty much the highlight. Both times we've been there, they've had the door to their deck wide open in spite of the lower 60-degree temps. It was uncomfortably cool inside--if I liked cool temp dining, I would sit outside. The service was slow, even by the kids' standards. We waited about 10 minutes before we got menus and ordered drinks. Once food was ordered, it was another 30 mins before the one salad arrived, and another 10 before my cup of soup arrived. Then another 15, at least, before the meals arrived. You do the math. One of the burgers had bacon on it that wasn't ordered (an add-on, not included, altho we were not charged). I ordered the sauteed prawns, which were overcooked, tough, and flavorless. The kids' burgers and sandwich were generous portions and no complaints there. My recollection is that this was pretty much a repeat of our visit last year, although the open door was what I remembered most. Bottom line is I won't be going back. There are too many other restaurants in Cannon Beach/Tolovana that have good service and great food to waste my time or money on lousy service and food.

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank Mary Beth B
Poulsbo, Washington
“great lunch”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Went with the family and enjoyed a great lunch out on the deck. Halibut sandwich was great.

• Visited June 2011
Erie, Colorado
“Good food, but service always seems really slow”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This place is typical american pub food done quite well. Good soups and chili is often on the menu as well. Many micro-brew beers are on tap as well. Some good seating outside if the weather allows.

My only gripe with the place is I always feel like there is one person working and they are running behind. Seems like the person is running the bar, serving, cashier and cooking almost. While the demeanor is always positive, it seems they have a hard time keeping up.

Even with that said, I've still gone back several times.

• Visited June 2011