“Worst campground ever”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cannon Beach
Sea Ranch RV Park & Stables
Sonoma, California
“Worst campground ever”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place is a nightmare. You might as well camp in your neighbor's driveway at home, it would be a lot more peaceful. The management is as rude as they get as well. If your idea of camping is listening to loud music, people yelling, kids screaming and getting a lot of attitude when checking in, then this place is for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AlioopR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed in a cabin one night ( $85 plus extra cause we had 4 people.) This was nice but we sure felt for the tent sites right next to us. Then we camped one night also and experienced the extremely tight quarters, extra fees for a second two person tent- people and a hike to water and 3 toilets. All in all- the campers themselves seem to make things work well. Upcharges abound- extra campers, tents etc. nickel and dime ya a bit which is a turn off. For some odd reason, they clean the bathrooms at 8 am - in peak season! With extremely limited showers and toilets as it is... to stumble to the toilet and find a closed sign- just killed me! We tried to shower upon leaving but only 1/2 of our group could get in due to closure. Who does that? Cannon beach just blocks away and the however is worth it given my frugal budget.

• Stayed July 2013
Moxee
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My daughters ,grandkids and I stayed here for week July 14 th. other campers had some mess ups on their reservations so we offered to tade tent sites as we had a Moho with full hookups. Our sewer could not be hookers up correctly. We asked 3 different people on 3 different days and got no response or discount. Pipe backed up and drained into the tent site we did not use. Serious health hazard. Space 14AA. Overall great park and sites. Customer service could have been better. Also restroom cleaning during morning and evening hours are when most campers were wanting to use them. I would stay here again but would checkout hookups before setting up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed 4 nights. Staff was friendly, decent amenities, store with coffee shop, outdoor dish washing area, showers are free, toilets, bathrooms we kind of updated and painted.Internet works only if your closer to the office, picnic table, burn ring, horses, very close to the beach and town. Price is good. Not much for complaints, but bathroom floors could be scrubbed rather than moped. The floors would look cleaner. I will stay again. It's not Hilton or a Best Western, it's camping with some amenities. I like it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Benny1000_13
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed here on a ladies trip with two girlfriends. To be fair I think this place was fine for our needs of only staying one night. However, I got the impression from the website and the price, that it was going to be a little higher-end feeling for a campground (being a site for yoga festivals and horseback riding as well). It was overpriced for what it was and I was a little surprised when we checked in and they didn't even have an advanced system for their booking. It was all in a paper schedule book and scribbled on a whiteboard, which made me nervous about their accuracy, but I guess it works for them because they found my reservation w/o a problem. The second thing I noticed was that the sites are very small without much privacy. I guess this worked out for us though, because we had such a problem with getting our fire going and since our neighbors had no other view than watching us, they very very kindly offered a hand many times through the evening to help us...which brings me to the next point - I'm almost certain that the firewood Sea Ranch sold us was damp. The damp firewood and price are my main disappointments. Otherwise the staff were friendly and I had a great night with my girlfriends. and we even enjoyed seeing some bunnies hop through. One of my friends took a walk along the beach in the early morning from our site, so the location was good as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Ive never writen a review before but i dont want people to have to waste their money like we did here.
It now end of october so most places have cheap fees, but not here, this place still chargers $46, being later at night it was the only option we had. We showed up to a lady who smelt from accoss the counter of cigs, she was polite but that quicky changed when she charged us for a 50 amp sight, we went out to our rv then discover she had, so went straight back in to tell her that we were only 30 amp and she made such a big deal out of it, we ended up saying dont worry about it. Thought it was bad customer service she didnt even ask just assumed even though we are a compact rv.

Then in the morning we put our washing on, for it to jam, we went and told the lady, by the time she got to the washing machine, ' it had timed out' as she said so we lost $5 for our two washes, and she refuessed to refund us both loads. Even though she could have just opened the machine and got our money back.

Later on we asked for interent and was told its been down for few weeks, $46 plus $6 for fire wood and no internet, dirty bathroom and worst customer service we have had our whole 5 week trip.

The whole campground was empty compared to everyone other way, we should have taken this as a hit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank 151Brodiew

Travelers are raving about these Cannon Beach hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I decided to go to Cannon Beach on a whim and all the hotels were booked. We found the Sea Ranch Resort and rented a cabin. We had to stay in two different cabins, a large and a small. The larger cabin (27A) was set up strangely with a full bed and a twin bunk on top. This allows for more people to sleep in the cabin, but it makes the space feel more shut down, and had a funky smell. The smaller cabin was set up better with only one full bed (each cabin has a futon) and it smelled better like the cedar the unit is made from. We liked the location (within walking distance to town), and it was nice to have a private bathroom, microwave and sink. Each cabin also has an outdoor fire pit, although the settings are not private and we had some drunken campers right next to us and you can't help but see everyone and everything around you due to the lack of privacy. I also agree that the staff in the front was not the best. I found they were more slow than anything. I did leave my glasses in the cabin and they were accomodating about ensuring they were returned to me ASAP which I appreciated. There is also an espresso bar in the general store which was great.
In a nutshell, the location and price were good. The downside was the beds were very uncomfortable and there isn't any privacy once outside your cabin.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple