“Rough start, good finish”

Stephanie Inn Dining Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Stephanie Inn Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dinner at the Stephanie Inn is a must for both hotel guests and visitors to Cannon Beach. The concept is casually sophisticated with your choice of an elegant prix fixe four course meal or a la carte options. Plan to enjoy the entirety of the evening, or choose the part that fits your style. Just know you may never forgive yourselves for passing on the desserts. The romantic, intimate environment, sets the stage for a memorable experience you won't soon forget. The menu changes weekly and seating is by reservation only.
Reviewed September 15, 2016

Staff are friendly, welcoming, and provide a good service.

We were split on the bread. I liked it, my wife not so much. First course of fried tuna was OK but somewhat bland. You had to work to get enough sauce from the bottom of the bowl. Second course (crab courgettes for me) was good for both of us. Excellent sorbet for 3rd. Filet Mignon and Halibut for 4th was very good as was the chocolate dessert.

Wine pairing was quite good. Would have been nice if they'd brought the bottle with each though.

Reviewed September 14, 2016

Our third time staying at the Stephanie, and we alway have dinner here 2 out of the 4 nights we are here. Service and food is always great

Reviewed September 10, 2016

We have lived overseas and so have traveled a fair amount, and have eaten at a wide variety of restaurants everywhere we've been, so this review reflects that background with where I am coming from with my comments.
We had been given a gift certificate last year and wanted to use it for dinner at the Stephanie Inn our first night at the coast this past week. We were upset when we left still hungry after our dinner, and today, several days later, I just have a heavy heart as I write this review because while the quality of the food was most excellent, the prices for the quantity of food served were insanely expensive to the point of being ridiculous, and the title "the emperor has no clothes" came to mind often as my family talked about the experience later. There is so much hype that we'd heard about this restaurant that is just not "real" when compared to some of the wonderful restaurants in Portland, where we've now lived for the past 24 years, and is a city known for some fairly expensive fine dining restaurants. For $48.00 each, we had three small lamb chops, polenta or fingerling potatoes, and a few unusual root vegetables. The glass of wine was $18.00, far above what we have paid in Portland at some of the best restaurants for the very same wine. The two salads we ordered were $15.00 (green salad) and $16.00 (stone fruit), and the green salad, while very good, was so small that it could have been a small side salad at any other restaurant. I'm sorry to say that spending so much for a meal of this serving size was not something we would have done without the gift card. I believe that our server also said the bread was made on site, and if that is true, it should have been warmed before being served. Our server was very good, and as I said, most of the food was excellent, but for the price, there should have been more lamb chops and salad items. The deliciousness of the meal was not worth the cost at the end, I'm so sorry to say. By the time we left a tip, we paid almost $200 for what should have been half the price due to portion size. We saw the beautiful Tesla with the Stephanie Inn license plate getting recharged as we left and had to wonder if that expensive car was part of the reason for the high meal prices! Just saying!

1  Thank LaurieB980
Reviewed September 6, 2016

This is an excellent fine dining restaurant - food not fussy, but fresh and well prepared. Good wine.

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

We've stayed at and dined at the Stephanie many times over the last 15 years. Last year we had a very mediocre experience in the dining room. On our visit to Cannon Beach this year we decided to give it another chance. We are happy we did!
Our adult daughter was with us this year. She has a number of food allergies & is gluten intolerant.
Diana, our server, could not have been more helpful. We all had the "5 course" menu and Diana made sure the kitchen accommodated our daughter's dietary needs. They had gluten free bread, also.
I ordered a wine by the glass & Diana really listened to my preferences, bringing me both what I ordered & another option; I was invited to taste both before I opted for one I wouldn't have asked for.
Our various individual course selections were all excellent. Starters of heirloom tomato & stone fruit salad were great. Lamb, crab cakes, and halibut entrees were all outstanding. Desserts of chocolate mousse cake & creme brûlée were delicious.
Diana was an excellent server. The professionalism & attention to detail by everyone from Diana to the Chef could not have been better.
We loved our evening, the food, the wine, everything. Thanks for a great experience. You made up for last year & we will be back.

1  Thank jawms