“We were rudely greeted. The shown to a...”

Morris' Fireside Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We were rudely greeted. The shown to a...”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We were rudely greeted. The shown to a table where the menus were thrown onto the table and the server left. So so did we. If you won't greet and be nice to people on the way into a restaurant, I am not going to wait to see how bad the service is going to be. By the way they weren't busy and the prices were unbelievably pricey eve for the coast.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Warm Atmosphere, Decent Food”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

During a recent visit to Cannon Beach, I made Morris' Fireside one of my stops for dinner. The atmosphere was very warm and comfortable. I tried a pasta dish that was good but the food was a bit pricey.

Morris' Fireside is worth a try for a comfortable dining experience.

Eugene, OR
“Excellent food, well-prepared; good service; nice experience.”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We enjoy good food and well-prepared at home, so we judge eating out by those standards. What we had at the Fireside was both. Nicely priced, good service. We look forward to returning.

Seattle
“Service was horrible”
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We have been going to Morris for a while now and the last two visits this last weekend was horrible. We waited for ages to be served coffee , and a even longer to order our food. We are sad that they do not have good staff , and attentive service. I really liked Morris in the past. I hope they improve

Willamette Valley, Oregon
“Yumm!! Pleasantly surprised with great food!”
Reviewed June 8, 2010

If I would have read the reviews here before choosing where to eat, I doubt I would have chosen to eat here. I'm very glad I didn't read the reviews. Our food was GREAT!! I chose one of their specials, a Vegan Stuffed Portabella Mushroom. Not being a vegan, or a vegetarian for that matter, I was a little reluctant to order something titled “Vegan.” However, being a mushroom lover I took a chance and WOW was I very happy that I ordered it. My husband had an open-faced fish sandwich which was very tasty also. Perfect choice for us!