“Yumm!! Pleasantly surprised with great food!”

Morris' Fireside Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Willamette Valley, Oregon
“Yumm!! Pleasantly surprised with great food!”
Reviewed June 8, 2010

If I would have read the reviews here before choosing where to eat, I doubt I would have chosen to eat here. I'm very glad I didn't read the reviews. Our food was GREAT!! I chose one of their specials, a Vegan Stuffed Portabella Mushroom. Not being a vegan, or a vegetarian for that matter, I was a little reluctant to order something titled “Vegan.” However, being a mushroom lover I took a chance and WOW was I very happy that I ordered it. My husband had an open-faced fish sandwich which was very tasty also. Perfect choice for us!

tacoma
“Nice fireplace, that's it”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Our lunch at Morris' was below average and I wouldn't recommend stopping there. The food was not prepared well. Very little cheese on kids cheese pizza. Wrong bread for sandwiches. Very heavy greasy feeling felt by all after eating there. The fireplace and look is nice, but that's about it. The service was also sub par.

Surrey BC
“Nice cozy place, but the positives end there.”
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Stopped in one night and were told at the door that they were very busy and we would have a 15 minute wait, even though we were served immediately. The dining room had 6-7 tables full, and apparently there was a single waitress on staff that night. The place was very cozy and warm, with a nice fire in the middle, though the decor was a bit weird as many things had price tags randomly hanging off them, as if the knick-knacks were meant to be picked up and carried to a cash register. The waitress herself was quite friendly but very harried.

We checked the menu and were surprised by very high prices for things like chicken-fried steak, but figured, hey, it's a resort town (albeit in April). Our entrees arrived mysteriously before our salads, which were apparently delivered to another table. My chicken-fried steak was barely edible, rather oily and in a bland gravy, with limp vegetables on the side. My salad arrived about halfway through the entree so I switched to that. Left half of our meals on the table, which was a shame only because of the high prices. We left without dessert, figuring that the little market down the road was a better bet!

Seattle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I would have rather had a slice of pizza... Elsewhere.”
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Although the service was extremely attentive (probably because only 30% of the tables were full) the food was terrible. We aren't the kind to slam a restaurant, we always look past fading paint and peeling wall paper and find hidden culinary gems. This place was not one of them.

We had the fettucini marinara with chicken, the spaghetti seafood carbonara, and a garden salad. The fettucini hosted marinara that was lukewarm and bland and the included chicken resembled rubber, if we're being generous.

The carbonara contradicted the menu and came without bacon, the shrimp were overcooked, and there were long stringy pieces of an undeterminable substance hidden in the sauce.

I could describe the salad, but if you're still considering eating here after reading the above review you're simply hopeless.

SW Washington
“Exceeded our expectations!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2010

My daughter and her fiancee live out of state but wanted to be married on the beach in Cannon Beach. I live in SW Washington, so I decided to come down and check out their choice for the reception. Their choice was a small smelly restaurant down the block. I was not impressed, so I searched for an appropriate banquet room. Morris' banquet room was just what we were looking for and after speaking with the owner and chef, I knew this was the place to hold my daughter's reception. I was a little apprehensive after reading the reviews on this website but after eating there a couple times, I wasn't concerned anymore. We booked the room several weeks ahead of time and during that span, the chef called me several times checking to see how things were going and if we needed anything. My experience with Morris' Fireside was entirely positive, from the owner and his wife, to the servers to Chef Ken they all were kind and helpful. I did get a little worried when I found out Spring break was the same weekend and I was concerned at how they could manage to attend to the 30 guests at the reception and their Spring break diners. The day of the reception, we were allowed in early to decorate their banquet room where they had set up tables with linens and had a cozy fire going in the fireplace. Our server Sarah was so attentive and everyone's order arrived promptly and at the correct temperature, to the correct person and Chef Ken did a wonderful job of preparing the meals. I did not hear of anyone complaining about their meal. If I had a chance to do this over, I honestly would choose Morris' Fireside Restaurant again. My thanks to them for making the reception a wonderful relaxed event with delicious food and great service.