“So-so”

Ranked #39 of 51 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We were attracted to this place by the prospect of sitting near a warm fireplace on a freezing night. Log and timber building is very attractive, and the waitstaff tried hard, but the food is unfortunately Denny's quality at about double Denny's prices. Such an attractive venue deserves better food; I hope someone realizes that and does something about it.

1  Thank azzure

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had an early dinner on a Saturday night (5 pm), the menu has lots of choices but its fairly expensive. The restaurant was EMPTY, that should have been our first red flag. I ordered Char-broiled halibut with an orange glaze and garlic mashed potatoes. There was no charring or broiling going on, and normally I love a citrus glaze on my fish but this was heated up, ultra-sweet, MARMALADE! Yuk, I will give them kudos for the clam chowder, it was really good. We sat right beside the roaring fire which was nice because it was super cold outside, but the rest of the restaurant was very chilly. I won't be back to this one again. Mo's down the beach has an equally impressive clam chowder and a much nicer view.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Like a previous reviewer bcbcbc, I am surprised by some of the negative reviews.
My wife and I had lunch to-day. The local weather was unseasonaly cold, near freezing, so the large fireplace was a welcome sight. The ambience was rustic and cozy.
We were seated promptly but lack of customers concerned us. It was lunch hour and I can only imagine the lack of customers was due to the time of year and the cold weather.
My wife ordered the Swiss hamburger. It came with her choice of fries, soup or salad. She chose the fries. The burger was enormous and very good tasting according to her.
I noticed a sign which gave the daily lunch special that turned out to be meatloaf on fresh toasted bread covered in Rosemary and Olive oil. I had the same optional choice of side dishes. I chose the fish soup, which was tomato based with large pieces of halibut. I am a lover of Boston Clam Chowder, but this soup was hearty and tasty, especially on such a cold day. The sandwich was quite large and I ended up taking home half.
In summary, this is a great place for a cool weather meal. We will be coming back.

1  Thank nsoldgoat
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This place wasn't bad but it was not really good either. My husband and I tried the French dip sandwiches and we immediately decided that the ones we make at home are much better. The service that we received was excellent, but the restaurant was pretty empty. The ambiance is cozy, with the wood all around and the fireplace. The prices were too high for the average-quality food that was received. I think we will pass on this place and try some other restaurants next time.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was the perfect breakfast restaurant on a cold windy day at the beach. Sat close to the fireplace, had a lovely meal, all homemade and with a special country touch, with a friendly staff and fun old timey atmosphere.