“Average food”

Ranked #34 of 49 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Food: We had the caesar salad and fried shrimp entree. It was average.

Service: It was friendly and fast.

Value: We paid too much for the food we got, but it was in line with other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I loved the ambiance of this little jewel - years of history, set in the middle of a beautiful beach town but... they really need to take better care of it. Dust all over, on the beautiful log beams, on the legs of chairs you sit on. They still haven't taken town the red ribbons from Christmas decor. And why would you slap computer papers listing the daily specials all over the beautiful fireplace, on the furniture and everywhere.... Good meatloaf, potatoes a bit peppery. It really isn't about the food, it was ok, but the lack of attention. The staff needs a lesson in greeting people and they really need to simply reinvest in putting their best foot forward instead of appearing to simply not care...

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Morris' looks like a large log cabin. Very nice building. The food was just OK, not outstanding. I had their Oyster Stew. The oysters were quite large and very few. THe flavoring was good though. If youi want really good Oyster Stew, travel about 30 miles south to Pirates Cove down by Garibaldi. It's the best I've had.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I ate here with my parents and overall it was an OK experience. We came on a very slow night and enjoyed having half the restaurant to ourselves (and sitting near the fire). The feel of the restaurant is homey and cozy, and we were given polite (just not outstanding) service. I would say the service was more "laid back" than some big city restaurants, but no complaints.

Pluses:
- Very good clam chowder. Tasted creamy and authentic, not like it was thickened up with flour. The potatoes in it tasted fresh, not like they'd come out of the freezer. Not tons of clam and bacon bits in it, but overall very good. (Note: the crackers in the package they served me were completely stale and I picked them out of my soup after I'd crumbled them in there).
- Good "fish n' chips" if you only evaluate the fish. The halibut was done very well and was tasty. If I go back, I''ll just get the halibut sans fries. The fries (or whatever the house strips of potatoes are called that were part of the dish) were not so good. They weren't crunchy, they were soggy, and they had ZERO flavor. I recognize that traditional British fish n' chips are often quite plain, but I have to say these fries were pathetic.
- Decent pasta dish (chicken pesto) with very good garlic bread. My dad mentioned it was a little acidic, but I enjoyed the sauce (pesto was made with hazelnuts, a creative take).

Wanted to try the fun desserts listed, and the french toast and other breakfast specials sounded good.

Overall, it was a good, if not hugely memorable meal. I'd recommend it to others, but wouldn't be upset if I couldn't go back.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The owner has a great sense of humor. We ate in the Liver Friendly Society room!!! I had the chipotle black bean burger which was very tasty. The oyster stew was excellent. They had
an excellent broccoli and fruit salad which has divine.
It felt like a very upscale, vegetarian Appleby's.