“Lousy Service”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Bellevue
“Lousy Service”
Reviewed May 3, 2008

We have been to Morris' and after 4 attempts to give them the benefit of a doubt, we stopped trying. The service at the restaurant was the worst I have experienced in a long time. The food was just fine.

We haven't tried it for several years now and maybe we will give it a try again.

Missoula, MT
“Good food, decent atmosphere”
Reviewed April 21, 2008

We had breakfast here on a Saturday morning. The Chicken Fried Steak was good & my girlfriend enjoyed her Egg Caserole. Nice atmosphere in a huge wooden cabin type building. Not the cheapest breakfast in CB but I would say it was worth the price.

Belleair Beach, FL
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed April 8, 2008

We had breakfast here and it was very nice. This is a rustic restaurant with wood beam ceilings and a large fire place in the dining room. It's not fancy, but it has some very inventive menu offerings. I had a vegetable breakfast casserole that was similar to a hashbrown casserole with a hollandaise sauce on top. Along with the casserole were slices of apple. It was very unique and very tasty. My husband had the more traditional offering- pancakes, bacon and eggs. They served his over medium eggs on top of his pancakes which was a little different, but he liked it. The bacon is thick sliced and smoky. Delicious I know because I stole a piece! Our server was attentive. I would definitely return.

Vancouver, Washington
“Little pricey but worth it!”
Reviewed February 26, 2008

This is our favorite restaurant in Cannon Beach and we always save it for our last night before returning home; kind of our romantic Farewell to Cannon Beach to end each visit. My wife loves fish & chips and Morris serves her absolute favorite, and we've dined all around the world. I don't eat seafood myself so I always order a burger or sandwich and I've never been disappointed. Delicious every time!

The service has always been just fine for us. We are always seated promptly and waited on attentively. Our glasses are always full and we've always been met with a smile. After eating here numerous times I would guess that complaints about poor service were more the result of that one "bad day" that just happens sometimes, but not indicative of the service or establishment overall.

The restaurant itself is very charming and cozy. There's just something really cool about sitting by the hearth in a big log cabin at the beach and it certainly has won us over. If you're in Cannon Beach on a rainy day (and honestly, when isn't it a rainy day in Cannon Beach?) Morris is the perfect place to get out of the drizzle and warm up.

Cannon Beach has a few fine places to dine now and they range all over the price spectrum. Morris is certainly on the high side and while I would agree that their prices could stand to come down a little I don't feel ripped off or fleeced at all. For what they're offering and how they run things they deserve the money, so I don't grumble too much about the weight of the check. All in all it's a must-do for us and I highly recommend it for everyone else who visits Cannon Beach.

Washington State
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Food and service in Cannon Beach!”
Reviewed March 26, 2007

Hands down best crab cakes with poached egg breakfast I've ever had. Tons of food and all cooked to perfection. Others in party had great homemade style burgers. Bloody Mary took the chill off.

Restaurant was busy at 11 am and it was pouring buckets of rain outside but we got seated and served promptly.

The atmosphere is wonderful with a huge rock fireplace and comfortable seating. Highly recommend it.......well worth waiting if you have to.

1 Thank betteratthebeach