“Average”

Ranked #39 of 51 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

An average to below average restaurant. The food was so so, but the service was below average. We did not order alcoholic drinks and the waiter's face just dropped. We ordered fish and chips and it took a long time to arrive. A place to visit if you are just looking for food and get some lunch.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was at least the third time I have eaten there, and I love this place. The day was a bit nippy with the wind, so the fireplace was very welcome. The daily special was excellent, and the waiter was great. I definitely want to return there!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Location is incredible - right in the middle of town. Must see the building, unique and amazing.

Best seafood stew ever. Huge dish, fresh fish, amazing flavor. Great burgers, salads and sandwiches.

Best meal we had during our visit

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Have to say that when I brought-up the property to review it and saw more than one or two stars on any review, I was shocked. We had perhaps the worst meal I've eaten in recent memory. I had their "world famous" oyster stew -- which was watered-down skim milk with a whole, large oyster in the bottom of the bowl. The "special" sandwich was egg-salad -- OK, if they say-so -- more like scrambled eggs on a hotdog bun. My wife's side order was also the "special" salad of the day, which we were both convinced was leftover stuffs from the prior two-or-three days: a mixture of fruits and vegetables that included really odd combinations like green beans, asparagus, carrots, apples, olives, pineapple (at least that's what we thought it was), you name it. And it came with a "sheen" like you see on sandwich meat left in the sun too long. The spouse was sick for a day after trying just a bite. Like I started, glad to read that not everyone has had the same experience, but our was terrible.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very often, just reading reviews and judging by other's remarks is not smart. Especially when the reviews are mixed. We took my best friend and her husband to Morris' for her birthday lunch and found the whole experience very pleasant. The service was seemless and we were waited on at once. We enjoyed our clam chowder VERY much and everyone was more than satisfied with their entrees. Very comfortable atmosphere and we would and will return. Just wish Texas had that kind of clam chowder!