“Good to see some people had a better experience”

Morris' Fireside Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Have to say that when I brought-up the property to review it and saw more than one or two stars on any review, I was shocked. We had perhaps the worst meal I've eaten in recent memory. I had their "world famous" oyster stew -- which was watered-down skim milk with a whole, large oyster in the bottom of the bowl. The "special" sandwich was egg-salad -- OK, if they say-so -- more like scrambled eggs on a hotdog bun. My wife's side order was also the "special" salad of the day, which we were both convinced was leftover stuffs from the prior two-or-three days: a mixture of fruits and vegetables that included really odd combinations like green beans, asparagus, carrots, apples, olives, pineapple (at least that's what we thought it was), you name it. And it came with a "sheen" like you see on sandwich meat left in the sun too long. The spouse was sick for a day after trying just a bite. Like I started, glad to read that not everyone has had the same experience, but our was terrible.

There are newer reviews for Morris' Fireside Restaurant

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very often, just reading reviews and judging by other's remarks is not smart. Especially when the reviews are mixed. We took my best friend and her husband to Morris' for her birthday lunch and found the whole experience very pleasant. The service was seemless and we were waited on at once. We enjoyed our clam chowder VERY much and everyone was more than satisfied with their entrees. Very comfortable atmosphere and we would and will return. Just wish Texas had that kind of clam chowder!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Food was very poor and over priced. No organization in getting people seated. We seated next to four people who were talking at the top of their lungs, not the restaurants fault, but not fun either.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We ate there one evening and loved the ambience. The rustic log building oozes warmth with its high beamed ceilings and massive hearth.
We were tempted to order the Meatloaf special but the waitress very graciously offered to tell us that it had not been extremely well received. My husband opted for the Clam Chowder Soup instead and I ordered the soup special, Black Bean Chili Chicken. Both soups came with fresh-from-the-oven buns, and were excellent. Portions were large and very filling. The service was also excellent, and prices were decent.
We chatted briefly with another couple who had returned to the restaurant for their amazing Bread Pudding only, which they said was legendary, but we were too full to even attempt it!
We will definitely go back next trip to Cannon Beach.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This restaurant is a large log cabin style building which should inspire one to order steak but I opted for the crab cakes instead. They did not disappoint...although a bit on the pricey side for an appetizer. My husband ordered their special of the evening which was a meat loaf sandwich which he said was very good.
The waiter was pleasant enough but it was a bit disturbing that when another customer was obviously in some discomfort when he choked on his food, management did nothing to assist him.