“Two thumbs up for the chowder”

Ecola Seafoods Restaurant & Market
Ranked #19 of 49 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Dropped in for a light lunch and were not disappointed. We both had bowls of clam chowder and shared an order of garlic bread. The chowder is really good--lots of clams in a smooth tasty base, not gluey or sandy like that served in some places. Judging by the amount of shared tastings we observed, other customers seemed to be enjoying the fish and chips and fish tacos.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The fish is fresh, not frozen. Quite tasty. Not much for atmosphere but this is also a store you can purchase seafood in. Located close to public parking.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Thanks again to Trip Advisor reviews, I found this place. Part deli and part order at the counter restaurant, there are lots of fish options; a lot of it's fried with a side of fries, so keep that in mind. They cook what they catch. Great place to stop in for lunch.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Mmmmmm, what a great place to pop into and grab a snack while coming through the town. We never sat and ate at the restaurant but we'll be back. Prices seemed fair and it was clean.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I needed to find a place in Cannon Beach that had good chowder. This was the second place I tried after a disastrous first attempt elsewhere (see my other reviews). I had read reviews for Ecola Seafoods and this sounded like a good place to try.
The place is very casual because it is also a seafood market. All of the fish looked very fresh and beautiful, locally caught. The shrimp and the crab cocktails were tempting but I came for the chowder and the fish and chips. The chowder was fantastic. Tons of clams, major clam flavor in a thick creamy base that accented the clams well. I was happy as a clam at high tide. The cod and chips were great too. The fish was fresh, perfectly cooked--nice texture, moist and flaky inside, nice crunch to the batter.
As I have a couple more days in Cannon Beach before I head back home, I'll return to try some of their other fish selections and the crab cocktail.
There are benches outside for nice days.
Service was very fast and friendly.
(you get 3 pieces of fish with your order--the picture shows two because I couldn't wait to try it)