“Nothing special”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There is nothing special about this place. I had the fish and chips and they were soggy and the clam chowder was ok, but we had better at Moe’s restaurant for less money.

Date of visit: September 2019
Misty K, Guest Relations Manager at Driftwood Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi TomJL, thanks for your visit and your review. We're really disappointed your fish and chips fell short and sorry we missed the chance to recover your visit. We hope you'll be back to give us another try--we have lots on the menu to choose from and look forward to making a better impression. If anything needs attention while you're with us please let us know and we'll work quickly to address it and ensure a great experience. Thanks again, hope to see you back at the Driftwood soon!

Write a reviewReviews (1,411)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stopped here for a quick bite and had a nice chicken Cesar salad. Dining outside to people watch under a shade tree. Wait staff lovely and accommodating. Would return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really good food and great service! My shrimp was very fresh and delicious. Grilled salmon was great. Friend also had a really good steak-tips salad. Waitress was really helpful and nice. Looks like a place that would have average bar food, but it’s better than that.

Date of visit: September 2019
Misty K, Guest Relations Manager at Driftwood Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are delighted your visit exceeded expectations and really appreciate your awesome review. Thank you 968julieam, we hope you'll be back again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We did a day trip to the coast and wandered around Cannon Beach. Driftwood was a nice meal, reasonably priced, and good service. We sat outside on the deck and it was perfect. We returned later in the day for drinks at the bar inside - definitely a look and feel of a neighborhood bar. Good spot, I'd go again.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 10, 2019

Went with my wife and we had a very nice Dinner. Our Waitress was superb and very attentive with is difficult considering how crowded it was. It was almost too crowded for a quiet dinner so it loses a point for ambience/ noise level. The fresh Crabmeat cocktail was excellent and had an excellent cocktail sauce. My wife order a Gluten free Seafood Stew which was tomato based like a Choppino, and I had baked Halibut (my favorite fish ) which was in a cheese and onion sauce which was surprisingly good with fish even though conventional wisdom would say don't pair sharp cheese with fish. I was very pleased because I love fresh Halibut and this was exactly that. My only complaint is that there was a loud obnoxious male who was very intoxicated behind us and he became more aggressive with his date as the meal progressed. She was clearly embarrassed and seemed to have no way out. I offered her a ride with us but she stayed so I guess she was okay with him or afraid. Restaurant was otherwise very good for dinner