“all fried food”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Very disappointed in Cannon Beach in general - 90% of the restaurants have all of the same menu - fried fish and fetuccini alfredo. The Driftwood was a bit worse than the others. Ordered the oyster sandwich, it was awful. Menu choices were awful, all fried food, probably frozen. We go to CB a lot in the summer but are going to start bringing our own food. The restuarants there are sad. Expensive as well for what it was, poor quality.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed July 9, 2010

This restaurant has a cute atmosphere and our waitress was lively and personable. However, all 5 of us felt the food was way overpriced for what we were served, and several people at the table did not enjoy their meal at all. We're not picky people, but we were all disappointed. I would not recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank melaniejade31
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We have never had a bad meal here- my husband ordered the seafood kebabs, I usually order a seafood dish. We love the quality of the food and great service. The outdoor patio is also great, we can bring our dogs and enjoy sitting El Fresco. Wonderful restaurant in a great little town.

1  Thank Malaysiantraveller10
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Had dinner here on 6-19-10 with my wife. This place was recommended by one of the Lifeguard's on the beach for having "great steaks", so we gave it a try.

Steaks were priced pretty steeply, and the smallest steak was a 12 oz. ribeye. We weren't that hungry, so I ordered the steak sandwich and my wife had the fish and chips. We both had green salads, as well. The food was fresh, albeit overpriced. Dinner for both of us was just under $40.00.

The ambiance is lacking here. The interior is dark, and space is cramped. The bathrooms are no bigger that a coat closet - seriously. I'm sure there are other choices to where you want to eat when visiting Cannon Beach, so go with your gut instinct. I really don't think I'd come back here and eat at the Driftwood Inn again.

1  Thank TheMooseman
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Cannon Beach, Oregon
Reviewed February 14, 2010

Eh, my food was extremely overpriced and rather tasteless. I do not recommend it unless you are looking for local color in the bar! This is where the locals hang.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook