“Awesome onion rings!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Driftwood Restaurant & Lounge

Driftwood Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #11 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milwaukie, Oregon, United States
“Awesome onion rings!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for some place to have a beer and maybe something to nibble on. Because it was 4th of July weekend, everything was very busy. Luckily we found a table in the bar. Our waitress recommended that we order the onion rings so we did, along with an order of wings. The wings were good but the onion wings were fantastic! Hand cut and dipped, nice light batter and fried to perfection. We'll definitely go back on our next visit!

Royal Oak, Michigan
“Great comfort food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

There is a nice atmosphere with great service. We had the homemade clam chowder, asian chicken salad and fish and chips - all were outstanding. The best clam chowder I had in Oregon!! Inside was a little stuffy, but they have a patio equipped with an outdoor fire! It is also one of the few restaurants open past 9pm.

Visited July 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Save your money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

It looked promising for the outside, nice patio with a modern looking fireplace. Once inside we realized the patio was only for 21yrs and up, seems strange for such a family oriented town. The decor inside is quite tired, I don't recall the last time I walked through swinging salon doors, which almost knocked my daughter down on the way out as the host pushed through without looking. We ordered the oyster shooters to start. They were a local supplier so we figured they would be great. They were anything but! They were served in a large shot glass smothered in a very spicy unpleasant cocktail sauce and were much to large to "shoot". In my experience, the best oysters are served small, on the shell with their liquor and a small amount of accompaniment, chewing not required. We left half our order on the plate. Next came the chowder, which was the best part of the meal, along with our wine selection, also good. I wish we had stopped there. My husband had selected the seafood stew. It arrived in a tomato sauce that resembled a jarred pasta sauce and his clams were chock-ful of sand. I had the halibut, while cooked properly, the sauce was heavy and greasy, very much like what you'd expect from an old tired 1980s steak house. My children also did not touch their food. The kids noodles are literally fettuccini noodles with melted butter, and the grilled cheese was not liked by my 5 year old. Note that the kids drinks and food were the last to arrive at our table.
Prior to leaving my 3 yr old daughter had to use the washroom. I took her and there found there was a women's side and a women's/men's room. We used the w/m as the other was in use. It was filthy. The seat was soaking wet from a previous user who must have had issues using the urinal located right behind him. I ended up holding my daughter over the seat to use the facilities.
In the end, it was the worst, overpriced, dining experience we have had on our vacation. Fortunately there is a great ice cream shop across the street so we were able to rectify the evening in the end!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jendey
Escape L, Manager at Driftwood Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
We are extremely disappointed in your experience at the Driftwood. We truly appreciate the time and effort you have taken to provide us with valuable feedback. As with any review, we are looking into each and every point and will take immediate remedial action to resolve any issue within our abilities. In regards to the patio, we are governed by the Oregon Liquor Control Board and are not able to allow anyone under the age of 21 on the patio. We are truly sorry you kids didn’t have a better experience with us. We have enormous pride in our property and when we learn, as we have here, that we have let you down, it causes us to redouble our efforts. We dedicate ourselves to the comfort and satisfaction of each and every guest, each and every day. It is our utmost concern.
Bourbonnais
“Do not waste your time or money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was our only bad experience at cannon beach. This is NOT a family friendly place, and the wait staff are very rude. If you want great food go to Moe's, or Wayfarer, or anywhere but driftwood. If you want horrible service, high priced and low quality food, then by all means this is your place!

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We are extremely disappointed to read your review of our restaurant. While we are not sure there is anything we can say to change your opinion of The Driftwood, we want to assure both you and other guests that we are a family friendly restaurant. However, we are only able to offer services on our patio to guests ages 21 and over due to OLCC restrictions. Kids are certainly welcomed in our dining room. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, we would welcome an email or call.
Spokane, Washington
“Overcooked Clams and Steak”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We ate here in 2013 and I enjoyed the food and service then. Something has changed. My razor clam was rubbery, hard and tasteless. My wife's steak was overcooked. Salads looked like they had sat in the fridge overnight. Service was very slow and indifferent(with few customers even...). I could not recommend this restaurant this year to anyone.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your review of your experience at The Driftwood. Return guests are extremely important to us and we are very disappointed in both the service and food that you received. I will reach out to you in a private email also.