“Cook house”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We had the wild salmon and the sautéed shrimp both meals were wonderful . What a great meal. The service was great. We were very pleased with every thing.

1  Thank Yvonne C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Had the salmon - but it was overcooked and rice pilaf was basically rice with tiny bits of celery and onion . Other had the halibut and it was much better. Overall just ok

1  Thank tashadogcalgary
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stopped in without a reservation just around 2 p.m. It was a gorgeous day and tons of people were in town. We were given a table right away and were extremely impressed with how friendly the staff were especially given the press of business. My wife's clam chowder was particularly delicious due, per my wife, no doubt to,the dollop of,butter added to it just before serving. There was a mixup in the kitchen regarding my order for,which I received a very sincere apology. My order was comped at their initiative and our server suggested to her boss that they should also comp me a piece of pie which they sent home with me. It was a refreshing.visit.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Unfortuately, we only had two nights and we were so taken with Newman's that we missed dining here. But, we did have time for a cocktail or two and so the food coming from the kitchen. Service was excellent, the cocktails done right and the place was jammed inside and out...we'll be back, I promise!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

The restaurant itself is small and cozy and has been there for many years. I recently started going there more often to enjoy the fire out on their outside deck. Really nice with some happy hour food and a nice coffee nudge. Dinner menu is good but a bit more money than I like to spend on an entree in order to go there more than once in a while. It seemed most entrees were in the $25 and up range. Quick, efficient and friendly server both times.