“Lunch on the deck at the Driftwood can't be beat”

Driftwood Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Having lunch (or dinner) on the deck at the Driftwood has become on of our Cannon Beach traditions. When the weather is good, sitting on the deck enjoying a beer (or cocktail), eating good food and watching folks walk by in the heart of Cannon Beach is one of the reasons we keep coming back. First, the food is very good. This is especially true of the clam chowder and the steaks. The Driftwood definitely knows how to prepare a good steak. Second, the service is usually friendly and attentive. Seats on the deck are in high demand - it is first come first served and there are often people waiting - but I never felt rushed. Finally, the location with a selection of shade or sun right off the main street in town makes it a great experience.

One thing to know about seating on the deck - it is considered part of the bar so no minors are allowed. However, you dog is welcome.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,113)

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We have walked by this place since we were teenagers and never went in (that's about 35 years) - we weren't all that hungry, so we got salads and appetizers - really, really good and fresh - just enough and really tasty

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Nothing to brag about. It is a place to eat an run. Service is a bit like they don't like their job. Glassware had lipstick on it but they changed it out. The grill cheese was good and the steak sandwich was chewy.

1  Thank Truthfultraveler1
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I wanted to get a couple of burgers and fries for take out. I had called to two other places in Cannon Beach asking to place a "to go" order only to be turned away. I called the Driftwood, and was politely greeted, and advised that they would be happy to take my order. Once I placed our simple order I was advised it would only be about 10-15 mins. Once I arrived at the restaurant it was indeed busy, but I patiently waited in the bar area, and Mary brought out my food and I settle the check with her. Within mins I was back in my car on our way back to our hotel. The food was hot and tasty. My only suggestion would have been to have some sauce on the burger, or been given mustard, mayo, or ketchup packets. We appreciated the Driftwood for taking our order!

1  Thank Buckeysdoe
Escape L, Manager at Driftwood Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank your for sharing your to-go experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and are looking for ways to improve our to-go orders. We hope that in the future you will also have a chance to come back and enjoy a meal in our dining room or on our newly remodeled patio. Thanks again!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Nice variety of food and fun, cocktails and outdoor seating in the summer. Good job with seafood and burgers alike. Desserts and local wines. Open for lunch and dinner.