“Our favorite eating place in Cannon Beach, Oregon”
Review of Lazy Susan Cafe

Lazy Susan Cafe
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 23, 2007

We have made a point of dining at the Lazy Susan several times during each of our many visits to Cannon Beach during the last 10 years. On each occassion we have enjoyed the excellent and healthy food, and the friendly service. We cannot speak too highly of the Lazy Susan. It has recently come under new ownership, but the high standards of cuisine and service remain the same as in the past.

2  Thank IssaquahTraveller

Reviewed December 20, 2006

When my husband and I were first dating about five years ago, he introduced me to his absolute favorite breakfast spot on the Oregon Coast: The Lazy Susan Cafe. He knew what he was doing -- I was swept off my feet by both this cozy romantic getaway, and his impeccable taste! Now even when we make a day trip to the coast, our first stop is breakfast or brunch at this wonderful little spot.

The food here is to die for -- a real taste of home. Our favorite dish is the gingerbread waffles with sliced pears, lemon sauce and whipped cream -- but if that's not in season, the oatmeal waffles with fruit is also superb. Their omelettes and quiches are top-notch. This little restaurant is family owned and it's nice to be greeted by a friendly familiar face; the staff is wonderful and attentive.

One other reason we like The Lazy Susan is the ambiance. A cozy little house of a place, this has traditional beach wood saltbox construction and ocean theme decor inside. A basket of literary magazines and books is offered for the wait -- but truly there is nothing like enjoying a cozy meal with the Oregon coast rain and wind whipping around outside.

A couple of notes of advice: be sure you note the location of this place: right next door to the Coaster Playhouse. There is a Lazy Susan Grill & Scoop a couple of doors down which also serves breakfast, but not the signature dishes. Also, be advised that The Lazy Susan Cafe does not accept credit cards. There is a handy cash machine across the street.

4  Thank Leebot
Reviewed September 9, 2006

Lazy Susan Cafe is on my "must" list every time I am in Cannon Beach. It is in a cozy little house off the main street of town, close to the Coaster Theatre. Do not confuse it with Lazy Susan Grill which is on the main street and is not the same!

The food is like homemade and everything I've had there is delicious. Brunch is my favorite. There are always daily specials as well as freshly baked scones, muffins, etc. Omelets are especially good, and so is the open-face shrimp sandwich.

The staff is welcoming and helpful. If you're looking for a down-home place with a touch of class, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

3  Thank PNWTraveler
Reviewed August 16, 2006

Eating at the Lazy Susan Cafe is one of the must do's when visiting Cannon Beach. This small, quaint restaurant has the best omlettes in town. While the lunch and dinner menu is limited, everything that is on the menu is delicious. My husband has eaten everything on the menu over the last several years and each was excellent. We only have good things to say about this wonderful restaurant and highly recommend it.

3  Thank l2buyflowers
Reviewed July 5, 2006

This breakfast/lunch spot is beautifully decorated and has a wonderful ambience of refined sophistication. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. The service is gracious and attentive. Eating at Lazy Susan Cafe was a highlight of my recent visit to Cannon Beach.

5  Thank Yami