“Stay at home and cook it yourself!”
Review of Pig 'n Pancake

Pig 'n Pancake
Ranked #25 of 51 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed November 16, 2013

While still in Cannon Beach, my Wife and I decided to settle for a little breakfast before hitting the road (bad idea)! When we first walked in there was a motion sensor that went off informing the staff of our entering their front door. We probably stood there for about 3-4 minutes before someone even noticed us! Upon being seated we notice the talent it must of took to wipe down the table before our arrival (nasty)! When we were ready to order our food my Wife's Pumpkin Latte was served (cold and with no coffee in the mixture), her fruit plate was bitter and both of our scrambles took on a whole new meaning to scrambled (they looked as though the items were just thrown together-no presentation at all)! I believe a up and coming Junior High Cooking Student would have fared better! The server was probably more concerned with what she was going to embark in after work, rather than thinking about her job! We will never return to Pig'n Pancake again! You folks just don't get a third strike!

Sincerely! Richard F.

1  Thank Richard F

Reviewed November 1, 2013

kids loved the pign pancakes. their potato pancakes and blueberry pancakes were awesome too. Coffee is below average. Overall a good place for family breakfast- we went there twice in 4 day.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our breakfast was very average. Nothing that would make us anxious to return. I substituted mushrooms for green peppers on the omelet and was charged. Very "Denny's" type food.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was our second visit to this particular Pig N' Pancake. The parking lot out front is very small, but there is more in the back. Upon entering we were not greeted right away. It took far too long for someone to finally come up to the front to seat us. But, that was the only poor part of the service. Our waitress was great and attentive. My husband and I both had coffee, our cups were never empty. I had the strawberry crepes with eggs and bacon. All was delicious and arrived in a timely manner. They have great bacon! My husband had the french toast with eggs and bacon, which he enjoyed. If you can get past the poor service upon arrival, the food was great.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We entered and no one initially greeted us, but several staff members passed by us. Finally, someone seated us. Coffee was provided quickly but since only one of us were coffee drinkers, that wasn't great for 2 of us as we had to wait a fair amount of time before our beverages were ordered. I asked for an empty glass so I could do a half water, half orange juice combo for our 2 year old daughter. We had to ask three times for that. I ordered tea with milk but just received the black tea, so by the time I got milk, my tea was lukewarm. While the coffee drinker received 2-3 opportunities for refills, I was not afforded the same consideration and had to ask for hot water. Our food was mediocre. It would have been better to have made our own breakfast. We did find a better breakfast place, and for the remainder of our stay in Canon Beach, we ate at the best little cafe/bistro (attached to the Cannon Beach hotel). The food was fresh, and tasted awesome. We wished we could transport that little place to our city. If you are okay with mediocre food and not the best service (you can see that they think serving is a chore), then eat ere, otherwise there are better options including having cereal!:)