“Great Breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
georgia
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I had eaten at the Pig N Pancake in Newport, Oregon earlier in the week during our week trip to Oregon. I wanted to write a review for that specific restaurant out of this small chain of breakfast meccas but could not find it listed among the choice for all of the Pig n Pancakes in Oregon. I found it to be the better of the two---but I will opt to review the one in Cannon Beach.
The problem in Cannon Beach is going to be parking. It was raining and had to park in public parking and walk back up the hill to the restaurant. As in the previous Pig N Pancake in Newport, Oregon, these restaurants as bigger than they look. They were busy both mornings but we did not have to wait either time. We found the first one by luck---our second visit being by choice.
I had the best swedish pancakes I have ever had---I could order them crisp, med. crisp or soft---I never knew one had a choice!! I got mine med. crisp---delightfully airy and light. Topped with fresh butter (nothing better) and fresh imported lingonberry sauce---with a side of bacon and two eggs cooked med---a delicious breakfast. So much so that I ordered it the second morning at the Cannon Beach Location. These were good, but not nearly as good as those in Newport---of course our waitress in Newport was also better and helped with the whole dining experience---suggesting the med. crisp......
My husband had the freshly made pancakes and eggs---can't beat it---the portions, the taste, the preparation, the freshness---
The Pig N Pancake a true breakfast pleaser...........

• Visited June 2013

Lacey, Washington
“Good breakfast place”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place was like any other chain breakfast place. We had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated. The food was good but nothing too special. Pancakes were very fluffy and good. Ok place

Visited June 2013
Copperas Cove, Texas
“Great Breakfast Food with Costal Choices”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We found the tiny parking lot packed and barely squeezed into the last spot but the food was worth it.
My husband had the dungeness crab eggs benedict (super awesome!) It looked exactly like the photo on their website too! I enjoyed the Pecan Pancakes with a side of bacon. The pancakes were loaded with pecans and were excellent. The rest of our trip to Oregon, we kept trying to get back to another Pign’ Pancake in other towns we drove through, but our timing for breakfast was always off, much to our disappointment.
Definitely eat here if you are in Cannon Beach or near another location!

• Visited June 2013
portland, or
“Always great food--horrible parking!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I can't count how many times I've eaten here while visiting Cannon Beach and I have never been disappointed. Eggs are always fresh, pigs in a blanket are awesome and the bacon is perfect! The only thing that sucks is the parking. The tiny lot is so jammed packed that if you are lucky enough to find a spot you need to spend 5 min jimmying your car back out. If you can walk over--your golden!

Visited December 2012
Seattle
“How Quickly the Great Fall”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Terrible service, inadequate parking, and just okay food. I've been coming here twice a year since they opened in Cannon Beach. Never again.

It was my go-to place for breakfast in Cannon Beach, but no more. Rude hostess, the server wasn't any better, and the quality and quantity of food has declined over the last three years.

It's time for me to visit the Lazy Susan Cafe and the Morris Fireside.

Visited February 2013