“Didn't live up to the hype, Wayfarer is much better”
Review of Newmans at 988

Newmans at 988
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We always eat at the Wayfarer as it is just so yummy but we decided to try something new. Quaint little French restaurants are my fave and it was my birthday. The beef medallions were delicious but I left feeling hungry and the meal, after $9 for the salad and $9 for a glass of wine, was nearly $70 each and just not worth it.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The reason for our trip to Cannon Beach was to eat at Newman's. It was our first time at the restaraunt, but we had experienced Chef John's amazing talents several years ago when he was at the Stephanie Inn. Our meal, from start to finish was sheer perfection. We started with crab cakes...best we ever tasted! John's Red Onion Soup is so delicious. Thanks John, for that special treat. The beef medalions and chicken marsala were wonderful. I love that the restaraunt is small and intimate. Lovely soft music playing in the backround.I wish I had gotten the name of our server. He was so attentive and told us every detail of the dishes we ordered. Special thanks to him. Also to John for taking time to come to our table to greet us. Our next trip to Cannon Beach will include another amazing meal at Newmans.

3  Thank disneymomOregonCoast
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Made a last minute reservation for Saturday evening while in town. Our first visit of many more to come! The food was absolutely delicious! Started with the lobster stuffed ravioli which was so good. We wished we had that as our entree! Enjoyed the grilled romaine salad so much...want to figure out that recipe! We had the Filet Mignon and the Scallops for our entrees. Both were excellent as was our service. (Our only wrinkle in the evening was being seated next to a very loud and annoying group of people who wanted everyone to hear their entire conversation.). The restaurant is small, but we found it charming and romantic. Definitely the best dinner we have enjoyed in Cannon Beach.

1  Thank LoriMike4
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Ate here on Valentine's day with my girlfriend. The service was excellent as well as the food. We started with crab cakes and lobster ravioli. This place could probably just sell their crab cakes for a living and be alright, they were that good! Portabella with fried cornbread and shrimp scampi were the entrees for the evening. Everything was presented with elegance and in a timely manner. Our server was polite and answered any questions we had with a smile. Yes the place is pretty small but we thought it added to the charm and ambience of the evening. Overall, an unforgettable and romantic experience. Will definitely recommend to all and hope to eat here again in the near future...

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I really cannot say enough about how good our visit to this place was. The ambiance was great, the service (Katy) impeccable, and the food... Simply amazing. As my wife and I are constantly traveling for both work and leisure we have been able to dine and many great restaurants across Europe and North America. I have to say that our experience here stood up or surpassed many of the greats in the foodie world.