“great food and service”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Boise, Idaho
“great food and service”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Compact restaurant but good ambience makes up for it. Heirloom tomato salad was great and wife loved the crab cakes. Main course and dessert were excellent as well.
Our waitress was extremely attentive. Once she heard about our daugther's allergies, she looked out for her throughout the evening which normally doesn't happen with our normal restaurant visits. Highly recommend.

Eugene, Oregon
“Very nice”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner there. The place is small, but that wasn't a problem for us. We thought the food was excellent and the service also.

Beaverton
“Fine Food and Intimate Setting”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at Newman's which entirely lived up to the restaurant's fine dining reputation. Our choice was that evening's chef's special which was thoughtfully planned, executed and presented. A perfectly seared appetizer of seared foie gras and pear with demi-glace sauce was followed by a palate cleansing arugula salad which included chevre, olives and toasted hazel nuts. The main course was a succulent halibut with piccata sauce, mushroom risotto cake and vegetables. Our fish was first lightly seared then finished in the oven to keep it moist and tender. The dessert course was a decadent pumpkin bread pudding topped with bourbon ice cream that was comfort food to the next level. This was a coordinated menu that flowed perfectly from one course to the next. Our server was attentive but not intrusive and we lacked for nothing during the meal. Tables here are closely placed due to the small dining space and the effect is much like dining in a European restaurant yet even with the close seating the noise level never reached a point where conversation with your dining companion was difficult. This is a place I would highly recommend but plan ahead as you may have trouble getting in without a reservation.

portland or
“Wonderful but..no duck”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

If only my duck had been cooked, it would have been a great experience! Seriously, it was served very very rare. I should have sent it back but didnt. I wasnt sure what was wrong with it at first as it's very dark in this small house so I couldn't really see the meat much, but cutting it was hard, and then after a few bites of thinking it was just fatty realized it wasn't done. My husbands steak was excellent. The crab cakes were all crab and delicious, and the pear salad was outstanding. Service was fine and they had a good selection of wines. I'd go again but order differently.

Portland, Oregon
“Just Excellent!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a lovely dinner here October 11. Lobster ravioli - yum yum yum. Katie was our fab server. Tiny dining room and side room but we like it! Romantic, cozy and nice.

Visited October 2013