“Delicious!”

Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The looks of the restaurant are deceiving but once inside you'll be pleasantly surprised. The food is delicious! Try the crab cakes they are worth every penny.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The atmosphere was classy and demure. There were about 8 tables and one hostess/waitress/server. She was smiley and polite. I asked her for a wine pairing suggestion with my potential meal, the medallions of beef. She didn't seem to know off the top if her head, but went and found out, which I respect. I ended up ordering the beef with a local red wine. She gave me a sample of both the local and French red wines. My boyfriend ordered the prawn pasta. He enjoyed the dish. I thought my beef was magnificent. The side of potatoe was ok and the greens were interesting. The beef was amazing! I wanted more. I wild come back if I visited again.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were in Cannon Beach to celebrate an anniversary and Newman's was recommended... and also Trip Advisor reviews were favorable. The food was very good but the ambiance could use some tweaking. The food, although tasty, the servings could not be described as ample for the prices they charge. They call themselves an Italian/French Restaurant and the food reflects that very well. However, it was chilly in the restaurant, which probably escaped the cooks and server's attention because they were busy bustling around. Eating with a coat on is not a comfortable situation. The music needs some serious help. Perhaps shuffling the tunes some. We listened to an entire CD of a French singer then along comes Dean Martin, who we love, however about half the songs on this particular album were kind of silly and some sounded Western, not Italian. He has some beautiful Italian songs on other albums that would have been more appropriate and listening to an entire album of one artist is a little much in this day and age when compilations can be made. The other pesky annoyance was the constant ringing of the phone, which was too close to diners and should have a different "ring"....softer, perhaps.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The dinner and dessert at Newmans was the culinary cap to our Valentine's Day celebration last weekend. My wife had the Dover Sole that was so succulent (I am told) that I was not even allowed a sample. My prix fixe filet up-ended my long-standing indifference to truffles - over-priced, over-rated, in my previous experience. My goodness! Just a touch of a black truffle reduction got my full attention. The lovely meal was finished off with a 10 out of 10 tiramisu, complimented by a superb cup of coffee. We didn't get out of there for less than $100, and it was worth every penny.

1  Thank Larry_in_Issaquah
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Last Thursday night for Valentine's we dined at Newman's. We made our reservations about a week in advance and were seated in the main dining room which has flowers on the table, white linen tablecloths and and nice silverware. There was a Fixe Prixe menu offered that night but we decided to order off of the main menu.

Our starter was the Mushroom appetizer that was very good, we ordered a glass of Cabernet to go with dinner. I know I love the Duck here so I ordered that as my entree. It was delicious, as always. This was the perfect place for a romantic meal in Cannon Beach. We are never rushed here which is nice. Dinner also comes with some really good freshly baked bread.

Dining at Newman's is always a treat.... a very nice choice for Valentine's Day. We did not get to have dessert here since we had a Red Velvet cake at home. :)