“Decent food but poor service”

Bill's Tavern & Brewhouse
Ranked #12 of 49 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed June 7, 2009

The oyster burgers were good but we had to wait way too long for the meal to arrive. Just order a beer on a hot day otherwise it is a miss.

Reviewed May 24, 2009

My husband and I ate at Bill's recently while visitng Cannon Beach. All day, my husband and I ate the EXACT SAME THINGS until dinnertime, when he ate the clam chowder at Bill's, and I did not.... I am so glad that I didn't eat the chowder, because he spent the entire night in the bathroom wih BAD food-poisoning symptoms. When we called the restaurant just to let them know about what happened (so they could be aware in case others reported the same symptoms), the manager was not very helpful and seemed to get rather defensive. Bottom line, we won't be returning to Bill's. Would rather not spend another vacation recovering from a night in the bathroom.

Reviewed September 5, 2008

Decent pub food - I recommend the bacon cheeseburger. We received our bill and we were charged for the ranch dressing that we ordered to dip our fries in! I was definitely not impressed with that and would not return for that reason. We also had to look for our waitress a few times for another round of beers when the place was not even full.

Reviewed August 13, 2008

The beer is brewed on site and the brews being served change. During my most recent visit, there was a Stout, Cherry Porter, Amber Ale, Blackberry Beer and a Hefeweizen. There are commercial brews on tap and in bottles. I think the beer is very good. The food is average to good, depending on what you have. The menu is typical pub type fare. The oyster burger at lunch was very good, the fried oysters at dinner okay but not nearly as good. The halibut and chips was very good. There is outdoor seating and pets are allowed. The signs on the outdoor tables say to go inside to place orders but there is a wait staff attending tables so we waited for them. And waited. Have one of the brews and relax and take your time.

1  Thank Shaymur
Reviewed July 21, 2008

Party of four visited Bills on July 19th for lunch. The server took our order and had an attitude right off the bat like she was doing us a favor just being at our table. When she came back to bring our extremely watered down clam chowder we informed her that we were missing one and she informed us we had ordered incorrectly. Very arrogant. We cancelled the third chowder as it was not fit to be served in an Oregon Coastal restaurant. The halibut fish and chips were good but that was the only thing I can say about the place. I called and talked to someone that claimed to be the manager named Jim and tried to let him know of our experiences. It was evident that the problems existed from the top down as he was very flippant while I was trying to explain the problems with the dining experience. I was not trying to get anything back for our experience as I was asked "what do you want me to do about it" by Jim. LONG STORY SHORT, DON'T GO.

2  Thank portzig