“Perfect Beach Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Great little bar with beer brewed on the premises and fun beach food (fried shrimp, clams, oysters, burgers, fries). Fun decor. We loved the value and the friendliness of the staff. Would go back in a minute.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Good drinks, food, reasonable prices, and great service. We were looking for a pub that had everyday food and drinks with a relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

When you walk in the front door and stare down that row of bright tanks in the chiller, you get an impression of the focus here. I had the seasonal IPA and was very pleased. They have a wide range of local brews to choose from.

The food is pub fare. My chili burger wasn't anything special. But my partner's fish and chips were perfectly prepared. I usually get the tuna salad sandwich and they always do a good job with that. The burgers are good. The fries are good. Portions are ample. Service is quick and efficient to start, then they tend to leave you alone or forget you.

There are a couple TV's on the bar side, but they are not intrusive. This is a neighborhood hangout. The bar is very inviting with all the natural wood, antiques and wood stove. The kiddy side is less warm and inviting but there are interesting wall murals, the theme of which is continued in the bathrooms.

I stop in every time I visit Cannon Beach. Bill's is right in the middle of the main strip.

1  Thank PaulParks
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Cannon Beach is a welcomed weekend or midweek escape, and I visit one to three times a year. Bill's Tavern & Brewhouse is a preferred stop, rarely overlooked, because I enjoy the pub atmosphere and the brew. This past weekend, six old friends (three couples) gathered for another visit to Cannon Beach and Bill's Tavern. Bill's is popular, so it can get a bit crowded, so good timing is wise. We enjoyed the burgers, onion rings, brew and time spent in good humor. I will recommend the "Evil Twin IPA" as a lunchtime libation. A sign on the wall amused me: "Beer - Not just a breakfast drink!"

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Fun relaxed atmosphere. Loved the beer choices and the hard cider was smooth. But, the food left something to be desired. We had the fish and chips.