“Best clam chowder!”

Wayfarer Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wayfarer Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gower
Description: The cuisine at the Wayfarer Restaurant & Lounge is simple, unembellished northwest fare, highlighting the best the region has to offer. We feature the freshest seafood available in the Pacific Northwest, allowing us to provide an intriguing collection in flavor, texture and variety. Our menu features great ingredients, grown, raised and caught by people who share our passion and commitment to serving great food. Their bounty is featured on this evenings menu.
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We had lunch here while in Cannon Beach and the food was excellent. We sat outside and enjoyed the view of the ocean. My husband thought his clam chowder was the best he's ever had. Everything else was very good too. It looked like it might be too expensive when we came in, but actually prices were very reasonable. Our food came out pretty quickly, but we were not harassed to finish up and were able to eat in peace and enjoy the view for as long as we liked.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,485)

Reviewed September 15, 2009

My wife and I did our last night in Oregon here. Made reservations on-line and they were ready for us. Our food and service werevery good. A little noisey but it is a family restaurant and there was a wedding in th bar room. Great view of the beach and Haystack Rock.

Reviewed September 15, 2009

After a bad experience at the Warren House Pub, my husband and I were desperately trying to find a good restaurant to celebrate our anniversary at. I had read good things about the Wayfarer on TripAdvisor and suggested we try it. Oh, what a delightful restaurant! The food was absolutely outstanding and our service was fantastic. I would eat at this restaurant every day if I lived in Cannon Beach! The atmosphere was relaxed and charming and had great views. What a great find!

Reviewed September 13, 2009

Our hotel recommended the Wayfarer. We made an online reservation and upon arrival were promptly placed at a table that had an excellent view of the beach and Haystack Rock. Our waiter, Michael, was suberb and I noticed that all the wait staff similarly engaged their customers and gave the very best service. I was impressed! The food was well prepared, nicely presented and great to taste. Nice selection of wines and full service bar.

My wife loved the sauce on her entree and commented on this to the waiter. He then brought her a printed recipe with the executive chef's card if she had any questions. This is a place that definitely make the guest #1.

Reviewed September 8, 2009

The place smelled like a rest room or bad fish. The food was greasy and frankly didn't taste good. The wait staff was slow and inconsistent. The view was quite nice.

2  Thank butchAlabama