“Awesome view.”

Wayfarer Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wayfarer Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gower
Description: The cuisine at the Wayfarer Restaurant & Lounge is simple, unembellished northwest fare, highlighting the best the region has to offer. We feature the freshest seafood available in the Pacific Northwest, allowing us to provide an intriguing collection in flavor, texture and variety. Our menu features great ingredients, grown, raised and caught by people who share our passion and commitment to serving great food. Their bounty is featured on this evenings menu.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Awesome view.”
Reviewed June 17, 2008

Awesome view.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

• Turkish first
stillwater, minnesota
“It may be expensive but it is not overpriced”
Reviewed May 27, 2008

The food was great; the service was not. Though, to be clear, the bus ‘boy’ was diligent and attentive; it was our server who was absent most of the meal and late the other times (if one orders OJ when their meal arrives, one wants it before the meal’s gone; if the server had been back to check on the food that would have been, in the least, a good time to bring that OJ).

Nevertheless the Crab Benedict and Crab Omelets had ample crab meat on them (each in these instances with the whole pieces of crab claw meat), if not expensive (but not necessarily overpriced given supra).

Also, to be accurate, one can see the beach from the restaurant and thus is may be the only restaurant with an ocean view in CB, as it has two walls of windows. Out the other wall though is the public access to the beach alley.

Note: Cannon Beach restaurants, shops, and bars are often closed Mondays and Tuesdays, especially in Spring and Autumn. Thus what you want may be closed and there may be a wait for what you are left with.

Hillsboro, OR
“Very impressed”
Reviewed April 16, 2008

My husband and I have seen this place for years but had never gone until recently. We were pleasantly surprised by the very tasty meal and scrumptious desserts! Yes, I'd agree with other reviewers that it was probably a bit noisy, but overall we enjoyed and we will definitely be returning!

Oregon
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed February 19, 2008

Food was okay, presention was nothing special and view was wonderful. This restaurant was noisy. There were crying babies nearby and listening to them was not relaxing for my husband and me. The open dining room offered no privacy. We wished we would have worked a little harder to to find a quieter dinner spot.

1 Thank OregonForestgal
Salem
“I cant believe I paid 70 dollars for the terrible TERRIBLE service!”
Reviewed February 17, 2008

While booking our last minute Valentines Day weekend trip to the beach, I saw that the Wayfarer was both in close proximity to our hotel and one of the nicer "fine dining" restaurants in the area. When making the reservation, the lady had mentioned how booked they were and the next reservation they could make was for 9 pm. That was fine for me as I wasn't leaving Salem until after 4 anyway. I felt like I was lucky to even get a reservation snuck in there. Although, when I arrived I was VERY VERY disappointed in what I had seen. I had asked for an oceanview or by the fireplace seat but was aware they were extremely busy and didn't mind too much if my request couldn't be honored. We got there and there were literally only three other tables that had been seated with no one waiting in line. The whole restaurant was empty and they still couldn't honor my request? The service sucked, we had to constantly ask for things and when we did, it was like they were in a rush to have us leave as they were closing around 10. The food was ridiculously expensive for what you got. The crab didn't have much meat in the legs, the potatoes were WAY too salty and the rest just had bad texture because it was not cooked long enough. Surprising too for as long as it took for them to get our food out to us. Completely ridiculous when I can go to a five star restaurant which is completely upscale and pay less. I would NOT recommend this restaurant if you are looking for good service and good food for the outrageous price!

3 Thank SalemGrl
Scottcru, manager at Wayfarer Restaurant, responded to this review, May 24, 2008
At The Wayfarer, we strive to serve the freshest foods available using local products whenever possible. As a family owned business for over two decades, we have a history of pleasing our guests with exceptional food and outgoing service. Unfortunately we fell short on this occasion and sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction. We would welcome an opportunity to invite this guest back for a more positve expereince.