“Wonderful food and service”

Wayfarer Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wayfarer Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gower
Description: The cuisine at the Wayfarer Restaurant & Lounge is simple, unembellished northwest fare, highlighting the best the region has to offer. We feature the freshest seafood available in the Pacific Northwest, allowing us to provide an intriguing collection in flavor, texture and variety. Our menu features great ingredients, grown, raised and caught by people who share our passion and commitment to serving great food. Their bounty is featured on this evenings menu.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The ambiance is wonderful, and the food is even better. I had the iceberg lettuce wedge with blue cheese, and it was crisp and cold. But the piece do resistance was the mushroom ravioli in an amazing light cream sauce. I don't think I've ever had such good ravioli. My friend had a bucket of steamed clams and she said they were out of this world. We both loved the garlic bread that came with both these dinners. My husband had the crab cakes and he said they were good but not outstanding. Service was prompt yet not rushing us as we lingered over dinner. Although I always save room for desert, I couldn't stop eating the ravioli and had to pass on the scrumptious sounding deserts. Unfortunately it was dark, so we weren't able to see Haystack Rock.

WAManager, General Manager at Wayfarer Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to write a magnificent evaluation on your dining experience with us. Your descriptions of the food that you had are scrumptious.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had been driving all day and I was tired, hungry and thirsty. So two out of three ain't bad for a restaurant. Our meals were pleasant, the service was good and the view was fabulous. We had such a nice time that after a walk on the beach we stopped back in for drinks.

WAManager, General Manager at Wayfarer Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

We are grateful for your review on the Wayfarer; the fabulous view of Haystack Rock is hard to top.

Jerry W Martin

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was wonderful. We enjoyed eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner here and were never disappointed with the food or service! The view of Haystack rock is amazing. Our favorite dishes included the hot crab sandwich and the crab Mac and cheese! 3 of our family members do not eat seafood, yet they too always walked away from the restaurant happy and full! We were impressed with the service and the knowledege the servers had of the area. If only I could get them to deliver to Kentucky!!

1  Thank Liltrock

Thank you for all of your gracious comments and dining with us on numerous occasions. Regretfully we do not deliver at this time.

Cheers,

Reviewed January 9, 2013

After a long drive from Vancouver, BC we checked into the Hallmark Inn (great resort!) and wanting a casual but tasty meal we were pointed toward the nearby "Wayfarer" (horrible recommendation).

To sum it up: This was our first night dining in Cannon Beach, and it was sorely disappointing. Read our experience below.

We were quickly seated by a friendly hostess (later to find out she was the manager). The server was friendly, if not a bit bumbling, and seemed to need direction in the order of service (ie: hi! drinks? appies? mains?)

Our cocktails were the only bright spot of the evening.

The clamshells in the appy were plentiful, altho it seems as though the clams themselves were boycotting the meal. Digging to the bottom of the tasteless broth revealed no stowaways.

Oh well, on to the mains, halibut and a filet mignon (curiously masquerading as a sirloin...)

The halibut was overcooked (think Goldleaf canned tuna) and had to be sent back TWICE only to come back the same...the server handled the error in a courteous way.

The $30 7oz filet mignon, asked to be rare, was a medium at best, and might have been mixed up with a sirloin for it surely didn't have the succulence one expects from a pricey cut of meat. At this point, we were out of breath to complain further. (and starving)

At our urging, the server offered us a vague "discount" for the errors in preparation...oooookay? Then shoved a horribly awkward "display model" tray of their desserts in our face, lovingly mummified with god knows what. Little did we know, the display model was likely served to us that night...

Assuming that a twice-maligned halibut earned us a complimentary cobbler, we were charged full price for a barely luke-warm, petrified piece of pie.

Upon letting our server know of the inedibility of the cobbler, she politely informed us that "oh, well it's just microwaved, we could toss it in there again for you if it's not hot enough..."

Ummm...no thanks. She then ran our credit card as we begged for release from this culinary prison. When we saw the cobbler on the bill, we mentioned it, and the manager FINALLY came over to ask about the double-bad halibut...

She invited us back to try breakfast and lunch, but I think we'll pass.

2  Thank Scott A
WAManager, General Manager at Wayfarer Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

I would like to apologize for the unsatisfactory service and meal that you received on your recent dining experience with us. We set our standards much higher than the service and quality of food you have described. I would like to let you know that I will follow up with our wait and kitchen staff about the quality of service that you shared with us. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

My sincerest apologies,

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We chose the Wayfarer Restaurant because it was adjacent to the hotel (Surfsand Resort) and we did not want to venture out on our first night it town. We were glad that we did. Its not a 5 star restaurant, but its serves great food, with large portions, for a reasonable price. My husband had Halibut fish and chips and gave the dish a 4 star for quality and 5 stars for portion. I had their razor clams which were a 5 in my book. I did not care for the rice side dish, but the green beans were fresh and crisp. The service was excellent. The wine selection was good and not over priced. We would eat there again.

We appreciate your 4 and 5 star rating on a couple of our signature items from the Wayfarer. We will hope to see you soon at both of our properties.