This hotel was recommended by some friends who have enjoyed family vacations here for many years. It is south of most of Cannon Beach with easy access to the beach. Rooms facing the ocean have fantastic views of the iconic Haystack Rock. A restaurant, Mo's, is right there on the beach and was also recommended by our friends. The hotel grounds are well maintained and there is sufficient parking. We didn't know before we arrived that at least some of the rooms are actually studio apartments or condos; the hotel manages these for the owners. That explains the guest book, some of the wall art, and the full book shelves we found in our unit. We were pleased to have a moderately well equiped kitchen in our unit.
The only source of sun light and ventilation was the sliding glass door leading out to the balcony. The unit was frequently stuffy so we had to leave the glass door open. We also found we could get some cross ventilation if we opened the front door at the same time. Our unit did not have air conditioning, ceiling fan, or other built in ventilation system. We didn't use the gas fireplace, but noted even with just the pilot light it was putting out some heat--really not needed on the warm days we were there. The bed was a Murphy Bed that tipped up into the wall during the day. It wasn't the best hotel mattress I've used, but certainly is a step above a sofa bed mattress.
Just a comment about the reception staff. Usually the front desk had two staff, but one seemed to be constantly on the phone, so a line formed in the lobby waiting to be served. I suggest having more staff available and perhaps having the phone calls taken in the office.
This is a family friendly place and dog friendly, too. It wasn't unusual to hear kids playing or parents calling to their children. Some other reviewers have mentioned "thin walls" but we were not bothered by that.
We enjoyed our stay, think we had good value for our money, and would consider staying at the Tolovana Inn again. We would probably bring more breakfast and lunch supplies next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just south of downtown Cannon Beach, The Tolovana Inn offers breathtaking views of Haystack Rock on the beautiful Oregon Coast. Relax and enjoy the scenery of Cannon Beach or have a fun filled family vacation with comfort and convenience. Tolovana Inn has earned the reputation of being a top choice when it comes to Oregon Coast lodging and is the premier oceanfront resort facility in Cannon Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Tolovana Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tolovana Hotel Cannon Beach
- Tolovana Inn Cannon Beach