I really enjoy Cannon Beach it is a wonderful community and there are lots of options for overnight stay. The Tolovana was ok, nice location a bit away from "downtown" but I have stayed a few other places with more satisfaction. It is a studio set up with a full sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher...but for the money the Tolovana fell short for me on this trip. A one night stay was quite expensive compared to other options.
First, our room was by the elevator and it was loud. Could not have the window open in the evening because you could hear very well the elevator and the people using it.
Second, the walls were super thin and I had to turn on the TV at 11pm to counter the shower, the blow dryer and the conversation in the room behind us.
Finally, you are expected to wash your own dishes when done or put them in the dishwasher but the dishwasher was not emptied and it was not until the next day I found things I needed for dinner the night prior.
You are also requested to remove your shoes outside the room...at a beach community!
The bath was a bit on the small side and not impressive.
One the more positive side:
The murphy bed in the living was a nice touch allowing the room to be split up into 2 sleeping areas and both areas had TV's.
The access to the beach was wonderful and the restaurant attached to the complex was very popular.
rooms were spacious in length but with the murphy bed out no room to easily walk by.
I doubt I will return since there are lots of options. It was peak season, but still, I have paid way less for equally suitable accommodations. My sister in law had a much different experience and therefore a better opinion just 2 weeks prior to my visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just south of downtown Cannon Beach, The Tolovana Inn offers breathtaking views of Haystack Rock on the beautiful Oregon Coast. Relax and enjoy the scenery of Cannon Beach or have a fun filled family vacation with comfort and convenience. Tolovana Inn has earned the reputation of being a top choice when it comes to Oregon Coast lodging and is the premier oceanfront resort facility in Cannon Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Tolovana Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tolovana Hotel Cannon Beach
- Tolovana Inn Cannon Beach