“Very nice ocean front property”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tolovana Inn

Tolovana Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
washington
“Very nice ocean front property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2007

We have stayed here many times. This time for a week. Got a
2 bedroom 3rd floor bldg. 3. It had a full kitchen,great view & clean with plenty of room. Its not real fancy place but great for a
family. Your right on the south end of the beach which is the
prettiest and less crowded. It's also less expensive.

• Liked — great view
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jeffrey V, Director of Operations at Tolovana Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2015
Thank you for choosing the Tolovana Inn. We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to hear you had such a great experience, our ocean front hotel is the perfect place to visit with family & friends on the Oregon Coast. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2007

We stayed at the Tolovan Inn August 22, 23, and 24. We were taking our 11 year old granddaughter to the ocean for the first time and were fortunate to have a one bedroom suite in building 3. My husband and I stayed here 7 years ago and were very pleasantly surprised that our unit this time was clean, updated and well maintained. The unit 7 years ago was in dire need of updating. The bathrooms appeared to have been through a remodel and were clean and bright. We didn't find our building to be noisy as others have mentioned. Either everyone was very quiet when we were there or we just didn't notice. The only real complaint that I had were the threadbare sheets on the murphy bed. The new reception building that houses the pool and spa was very nice. We had no issues with the staff and found them to be rather congenial. What few minor deficiencies there might have been are not worth mentioning or were easy to overlook due to the outstanding location. Overall, this is a very nice timeshare type of property.

• Liked — the location and the type of property i.e. suite with kitchen
  • Disliked — bedroom to the back with the window level with the walkway
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank HannahMinnesota
We are so fortunate to have such loyal guests. We are truly grateful for your repeat business and the excellent review. Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

We stayed at this condo complex on August 19, 2007.

This very well established place on the south end of Cannon Beach is worth considering when you want an ocean view and your other choices are fully booked.

We had a very large one-bedroom condo with full kitchen, two baths, and a separate bedroom.

The Murphy bed in the living area and the queen bed in the bedroom were extremely comfortable.

On the down side, in the foreground of our wonderful ocean view was a parking lot and Mo's restaurant. Two of the four buildings that comprise Tolovana Inn are directly on the beach, and the other two are not. If possible, book a unit with no parking lot under your balcony.

In any event, we felt that at $208 the place was a good value for a Sunday night during on a busy summer weekend.

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank wonderfulworld
Thank you for the review. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon. I believe an oceanfront studio would be an excellent fit for your next trip. These units have step-out balconies that boast unobstructed views of miles of beach and surf.
Portland, OR
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2007

We came here for our second anniversary, looking to get away for a couple of days. The hotel seemed average and allows dogs (which we preferred), and we loved the location being right on the beach. We enjoyed the indoor pool and hottub, which weren't very crowded after about 7:00, when all the kids had gone to bed. We loved the Wayfarer restaurant (down the street at the Surfsand resort, where we should've stayed...) and had a FABULOUS dinner there.

As for the room at Tolovana Inn, we requested an ocean view room, and were given a "mountain view" room, even though we booked two weeks in advance. I guess most people don't realize how busy Cannon Beach gets in the summer. Everything was booked solid. We arrived at our room, which smelled like smoke might I add...the fireplace did not work (a maintenance man did come to fix it later), the bathroom was tiny and had pink mold in certain areas of the bathtub, the furniture and bedding was extremely out-dated, and worst of all...our first floor "balcony" was literally about 15 feet from the front door of Mo's restaurant (directly across a lovely parking lot). We walked into our room and nearly gasped, it was so invasive. There was no option other than to close all the drapes, which makes for a dark afternoon let me tell you! I guess just considering we paid $175 for this room, it seemed quite overpriced. This hotel is DEFINITELY NOT ROMANTIC, and I would definitely not stay here again.

Another thing I had to comment on, that seems to be common in the other reviews, is that we heard loud stomping noises through the evening and starting again in the early morning. Our room was on the first floor, so we're guessing it was either kids running around, or people going down the stairs. I woke up constantly, as it sounded like people pounding on the ceilings above us.

Be careful if you stay here...ONLY settle for an oceanfront room (great view), and make sure you're not on the first floor!

• Liked — Pool and hottub, access to the beach
  • Disliked — Views from our room, room did not feel clean/wasn't maintained
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kellyameakins
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am disappointed to hear your stay was below expectation. I would like to invite you to try us again, we are under new management and I think you will find your next stay to be a very positive one. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2007

I just returned from a one night stay at the Tolovana Inn, and I must say I was quite disappointed.

The room we stayed in was in building 3. This room had a great ocean front view, easy access to the beach, a good view of the rock formations. However, we paid a premium for that view: $200/night! It was not worth it considering the room was old and the walls were paper thin. I was just walking around unpacking and the security came and said they received a noise complaint. Also, things seemed a bit dirty and parking was a bit of an issue. I did however find the kitchenette convenient, and the pressure from the shower was nice.

The service I received from the staff was yet another disappointment. What I expected at this beautiful beach town was wonderful friendly service. But what I got was the complete opposite. The staff that greeted me at check-in were not friendly , unpleasant, and inattentive. NO smiles were offered. At check-out, the same demeanor was present. A couple hours after I checked out, I remembered I had left my ring and necklace on the desk in the room. It's not worth much, but was of great sentimental value. When i called the front desk about it, they carelessly said, "well, IF we find anything, we'll mail it to you." I was appalled at their DISREGARD and attitude. I decided to return to the hotel to claim my possessions, but housekeeping insisted they found nothing in my room. I called again today and they had lost my original claim form! I'm pretty skeptical anything will show up at this point.

I will NOT be staying here again. And I definitely would NOT recommend leaving any of your belongings exposed if you request housekeeping.

• Liked — location, view
  • Disliked — service, staff, rooms, parking
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
9 Thank TA_Member1
I am so sorry to hear about your poor experience. I strongly recommend that you try us again, we are now under new management and I think believe that we have successfully corrected the issue you experienced. Thank you for the review. We look forward to seeing you again and displaying the level of service we have become so well known for.
Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2006

My husband and I just got back from our Oregon Coast vacation and enjoyed every minute of it. Tolovana Inn is such a nice Cannon Beach hotel I will recommend it to everyone who is considering visiting the area.

The rooms and service were great and the location is key. There's much to do for everyone. I explored the tidepools while my husband played golf one afternoon and the other we strolled around together checking out the shops and checking out Haystack Rock.

This is a great place to stay if you plan on visiting Cannon Beach.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linda42
seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2006

this hotel was wonderful stayed in an oceanfront room could not ask for a better view and the staff at the front desk was so great shelly booked our room for us, lissa and jeff checked us in and they were all great. the house keepers kept our room clean all 3days. i will be coming back to tolovana inn for years to come.

Stayed April 2006
2 Thank beachbumm06
Thank you for the excellent review! I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful experience at our oceanfront property. Thanks for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannon Beach
Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach
Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach
#7 of 14 in Cannon Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,005 reviews

Been to Tolovana Inn? Share your experiences!